aberdeen-music

[GIG] Kartta + Jeniferever @ The Tunnels

Guest idol_wild

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest idol_wild

I suppose it would be about time for them to release some new stuff.

I'm not entirely sure if there are any other acts on this night or not. Hopefully Jamesy can enlighten us.

Guest idol_wild

Yeah, I just noticed Copy Haho and Lady Mercedes were also down. I assume someone has pulled out - no way will there be five bands on the bill!!

Guest idol_wild

It wasn't especially great, the last turnout.

I really like Jeniferever, but it seems the Aberdeen audience, by and large, isn't interested in anything remotely different or experimental.

Guest idol_wild
True, true.

I spent the whole journey from Glasgow listening to them; they make fantastic "in the car, looking out the window" music.

Weren't colonopenbracket the support last time?

Yeah, along with Genevieve and Dedalus.

Genevieve and Colon Openbracket both had excellent turnouts, but they all left before Jeniferever took the stage, which was a bit saddening really.

Yeah, along with Genevieve and Dedalus.

Genevieve and Colon Openbracket both had excellent turnouts, but they all left before Jeniferever took the stage, which was a bit saddening really.

Yeah, as RossP said that wasn't the last time they played here. I can't for the life of me remember who it was that supported though but there was only about 12 people there apparently :( I couldn't go as i was in Glasgow.

There was still about 1/3 to 1/2 of the crowd still there after we got off the stage when we played with them though. We all know what crowds are like though.

the favourite sons + think:fire supported that last time. thankfully i missed both.

jeniferever were a bit dissapointing last time. the vocalist was being overdramatic and singing quiet loud quiet loud quiet too loud. great music obviously and i love the records.

as for the aberdeen crowd not being into experimental music i would probably agree and disagree. interesting music promotions put on a fair amount of "experimental" (i would call it music others dont) and their crowds are generally very appreciative and buy merch form the bands. there are people into it, just many of them dont really venture to many gigs. can we all say that we go to every experimental gig in aberdeen? i doubt it

saying that i would hardly call jeneiferever experimental though, they pretty much play straight up, tuneful indie music

hope the show goes well, i think kartta will be a great support for them

Guest idol_wild
You got any tickets?

Negative. ?(

I dunno what the scoop is tonight at all. I'm sure all will be sorted when we turn up for soundcheck.

And get our usual ten minutes to check 8 instruments and 2 vocals! :gringo:

What an odd gig! Not only were there Jeniferever, Kartta and Parity's Fall but Jamesy book Katerwaul at the last minute too. Which I was totally stoked about (supporting one of your favourite bands doesn't come everyday). But then it turned out that Jeniferever had a touring support from the amazing Paul Marshall. 5 acts in one night. Jenni did a sterling job though. And all bands played great. Good to hear Kartta with the full line up. Jeniferever were amazing AGAIN. Turnout wasn't great and the guys have hinted that it would be the last time they come to Aberdeen... poo.

What an odd gig! Not only were there Jeniferever, Kartta and Parity's Fall but Jamesy book Katerwaul at the last minute too. Which I was totally stoked about (supporting one of your favourite bands doesn't come everyday). But then it turned out that Jeniferever had a touring support from the amazing Paul Marshall. 5 acts in one night. Jenni did a sterling job though. And all bands played great. Good to hear Kartta with the full line up. Jeniferever were amazing AGAIN. Turnout wasn't great and the guys have hinted that it would be the last time they come to Aberdeen... poo.

really? why on earth did they hint that?

i don't think it was by any means our best gig. in particular i had a torrid time with my guitar cutting out for the first two songs.

the only band i caught was parity's fall who were pretty good. they remind me of joan of arc but not as strange.

Guest bluesxman
really? why on earth did they hint that?

i don't think it was by any means our best gig. in particular i had a torrid time with my guitar cutting out for the first two songs.

the only band i caught was parity's fall who were pretty good. they remind me of joan of arc but not as strange.

Possibly because they had a small, ever dwindling crowd watching them? About 8 - 10 folk at the front by the end. Since it was much the same last time apparently, perhaps they have decided it just isn't worth it. Probably not chuffed they never got a sound check either but that was their own fault for showing up 2 and 3/4 hours late.

I never paid them much mind last time I saw them, think I was too tired and went home, but wanted to give them a fair go last night, really enjoyed them and stuck till the end.

The acoustic lad seemed quite good, but after 3 loud guitar bands, out of place on the line up. Should have been on first, crowd would have been similar in number anyway.