aberdeen-music

Wildhearts - Sunday

Guest tv tanned

Guest tv tanned

Ok folks

All who are trooping down to Edinburgh, is there a meet-up beforehand? And is there anything planned for afterwards (e.g. further boozing/boogying)

Just curious.

Over and out 8)

Originally posted by tv tanned:

and the verdict... FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!

I would concur! "Turning American", "Girlfriends Clothes" and "Beautiful Thing You" were ace. Actually the whole thing was awesome. But check out this set list from the Manchester gig two days previous:

I Wanna Go Where The People Go

Greetings From Shitsville

Top Of The World

Vanilla Radio

Girlfriends Clothes

Beautiful Thing You

O.C.D

Someone Who Won't Let Me Go

Caprice

My Baby Is A Headfuck

Action Panzer

Caffiene Bomb

Suckerpunch

Sky Babies

Nita Nitro

29x The Pain

Love U Til I Don't

You can download that whole show from http://www.sonicshake.net

That was a way better set than Edinburgh! Did anyone go to the Glasgow date? I'd be interested to hear what they played that night.

Originally posted by James WBL:

I would concur! "Turning American", "Girlfriends Clothes" and "Beautiful Thing You" were ace. Actually the whole thing was awesome. But check out this set list from the Manchester gig two days previous:

Top Of The World

Vanilla Radio

Girlfriends Clothes

Beautiful Thing You

O.C.D

Someone Who Won't Let Me Go

Caprice

My Baby Is A Headfuck

Action Panzer

Caffiene Bomb

Suckerpunch

Sky Babies

Nita Nitro

29x The Pain

Love U Til I Don't

You can download that whole show from http://www.sonicshake.net

That was a way better set than Edinburgh! Did anyone go to the Glasgow date? I'd be interested to hear what they played that night.

They didn't actually play on Saturday in Glasgow. The gig was hijacked by the roadie supergroup, whose set list was thus:

1-2 1-2

Testing Testing

Big Set of Keys

Climbing The Lighting Rig

Roadie Hairdo

The only member of The Wildhearts allowed on stage was the drummer by dint of his *almost* roadie hair, frightening enthusiasm and resemblence to a member of Whitesnake.

The Liquid Rooms however, really excelled themselves. I've been going to gigs for about ten years, and never has a venue put the first band on BEFORE the doors were open. We arrived at 7.45pm, thinking that we'd probably missed most of The Glitterati (the tickets said doors at 7pm) - when we got in Therapy? were playing their last song! What the fuck!?

Originally posted by Jonny Lucifer:

The Liquid Rooms however, really excelled themselves. I've been going to gigs for about ten years, and never has a venue put the first band on BEFORE the doors were open. We arrived at 7.45pm, thinking that we'd probably missed most of The Glitterati (the tickets said doors at 7pm) - when we got in Therapy? were playing their last song! What the fuck!?

Where did you go to, you fucking fuck? We waited ages for you at Opium, getting excited everytime one of the many women with pink hair that vaguely resembled you came into eyeshot.

The lead singer from Therapy? (Andy Cairns?) was there as well. He's a fat man.

i enjoyed therapy?, they were great.

we got pished with the glitterati afterwards (just coz they happened to be sitting next to us in tuts after the gig), and they went on at 6.45, thought the tickets said doors at 7. they played to six or so people, and renamed themselves 'the shiteratti. do you see what they did?

all i remember about the wildhearts was caprice, i wanna go and greetings. i left the start of sick of drugs on the answering phone, so i know they must have played that. and they finished with love u.

if anyone could fill in the blanks, i'd be greatful :)

Glasgow Garage:

Top Of The World

Vanilla Radio

Girlfriends Clothes

Beautiful Thing You

O.C.D

Someone That Won't Let Me Go

Caprice

Encores:

Stormy In The North,Karma in the South

Get Your Groove On

Sick Of Drugs

Looking For The One

Shut Your F*cking Mouth and Use Your F*cking Brain

Weekend

Love You Til I Don't

Glasgow got a different, longer encore from Embra, you bastards.