aberdeen-music

imp Listening Post

offramp

Guest idol_wild
how many people would realistically come to stuff like that? It's getting harder to justify small gigs when you get for example six folk coming along to certain shows.

You're right. My request was semi-tongue in cheek. Grouper would only get about 10 attendees in Aberdeen probably.

Thus, pointless. :(

Ben Frost - Theory Of Machines

I've listened to the opening track of his ep so much lately. It's really epic fuzz/noise/ambient stuff with cello's and distorted drums. I know boomkat get's ahead of itself a lot of time, but calling him the future of electronic music doesn't feel too far away to me.

You can listen to the whole track on last fm;

Ben Frost theory of machines Listen free and discover more music with the largest catalogue online at Last.fm

--

I've also been playing The Sight Below cd on repeat while doing my essays. It's not far away from a lot of the droney but pretty stuff on Type records. Imagine Deaf Centre mixed with a compact SotL but with subtle pulsing 4/4 beats running through it. Reallllly nice.

MySpace.com - the sight below - Minimalist / Shoegaze / Techno - www.myspace.com/thesightbelow

The second track down, Life's Fading Light, is probably my favourite.

• 4 weeks later...