aberdeen-music

imp Listening Post

offramp

Did you have a good homegame Mr Owl PhD?

What were your fave sets?

Mine were Frightened Rabbit (solo), Viking Moses, FOUND, English Bore, Reporter, Three Craws, Men Diamler, The Phantom Band and King Creosote (with Pictish, KT Tunstall, Emma Pollock and Michael Johnston).

And probably heaps of others I can't remember.

Mine were Frightened Rabbit (solo), Viking Moses, FOUND, English Bore, Reporter, Three Craws, Men Diamler, The Phantom Band and King Creosote (with Pictish, KT Tunstall, Emma Pollock and Michael Johnston).

I really enjoyed it. It was my first Homegame and it was good being back in Anstruther (where I lived for a while, before it got hip). In addition to the folks I bought stuff by I particularly enjoyed Slow Club, David Thomas Broughton (both sets), Malcolm Middleton and Alasdair Roberts. It seems like there was lots of good stuff I missed too!

So, pretty much everything you saw then.

So, pretty much everything you saw then.

No

The things I thought were pretty good but not my favourites of the weekend were The Pictish Trail (due to sound issues), Rozi Plain, Martin Henry of De Rosa, The Red Well, KT Tunstall, Emma Pollock, Pip Dylan, Eagleowl, The Hand, Francois, Steven Cracknell, Adrian Crowley, Strike The Colours, Jonnie Common, Inspector Tapehead and Iona Marshall.

Oh I should really put Slow Club in my faves. DAMMIT!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest idol_wild

Mountains - Choral. What a serene album.

For those unfamiliar, they would probably appeal to fans of Eluvium, Tim Hecker and Remember Remember.

• 3 months later...
Mountains - Choral. What a serene album.

For those unfamiliar, they would probably appeal to fans of Eluvium, Tim Hecker and Remember Remember.

have you heard their previous, 'mountains, mountains, mountains'? much more fuzzy/feedback, like logreybeam/fennesz/tim hecker, than choral (which surprised me on my first listen!). long out of print though :( ! i've got the lp but i've been dying to try and get a hold of the mp3s!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

listening to the best of Orange Juice this morning and it's reminding me what a fine band they were. Really want to get the box set thats coming out soon.

Another favourite is 'Modernism A New Decade' by The Style Council. An album of house music by Paul Weller and Mick Talbot. Polydor refused to release it in 1989 opting for the safer option of a greatest hits collection. It's dated a bit and very much of its time but a cracking album nonetheless.