aberdeen-music

Wii

Guest Gasss

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really looking forward to getting one once I can afford it.

In the meantime, I have Resi 4, killer7 and Final Fantasy III for DS to get through.

I doubt we'll see games of that calibre on the Wii for some time. The smart money is to stick with the Gamecube just now, especially with Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario on the horizon. I gave in to early-adoption fever.

Am I the only person that isn't impressed with Zelda? It's exactly like Ocarina of Time. It even looks like Ocarina of Time. It's like paying 40 for an 8 year old game.

I doubt we'll see games of that calibre on the Wii for some time. The smart money is to stick with the Gamecube just now, especially with Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario on the horizon. I gave in to early-adoption fever.

Am I the only person that isn't impressed with Zelda? It's exactly like Ocarina of Time. It even looks like Ocarina of Time. It's like paying 40 for an 8 year old game.

Nah nah laddie! You put on Ocarina of time and you will be shocked how badly it has dated. Twilight princess looks a lot better, but it IS just basicly gamecube graphics (remember this game was made for the gamecube and ported to the wii).

The gameplay of zelda never changes dramaticly, only the graphics/style. However nintendo did say that this was a 'swansong' to Zelda as we know it, so goodness knows what direction the series will take next.

I doubt we'll see games of that calibre on the Wii for some time.

Well, killer7 and Resident Evil 4 started off as exclusive Gamecube titles and were ported to PS2, so I don't recognize the validity of your point.

Infact, Capcom (who made both the above) just announced an exclusive Resident Evil title coming out for the Wii next year called Umbrella Chronicles. Apparently it is going to have 4 chapters, one from each of the 4 games (not sure about Zero) and is going to tie up the loose ends between the games.

The smart money is to stick with the Gamecube just now, especially with Twilight Princess and Super Paper Mario on the horizon. I gave in to early-adoption fever.

Super Paper Mario has now been announced that it is going to be released on the Wii aswell.

Also, the smart money is to get a Wii anyway, as it has backwards compatibility with Gamecube games. I see a lot of folk willing to sell their 'Cubes recently, and wether or not they know this, if you have thoughts of getting a Wii, buying a second hand Gamecube will be pointless.

Am I the only person that isn't impressed with Zelda? It's exactly like Ocarina of Time. It even looks like Ocarina of Time. It's like paying £40 for an 8 year old game.

Ocarina of Time is the most famous and popular Zelda because it made a perfect transition from 2D into 3D. Same as Mario 64 (although I wouldn't consider that perfect). It was a revolutionary step in the series. It will be way harder to replicate this with future Zelda titles because they will all be in 3D, unless they go to 4D or something.

Twilight Princess was designed for the Gamecube hardware, so the graphics and presentation won't be showing a lot of the power of the Wii.

Woah! What's going on?

Well, killer7 and Resident Evil 4 started off as exclusive Gamecube titles and were ported to PS2, so I don't recognize the validity of your point.

I don't know what platform or exclusivity have to do with my point which is that Killer 7 and RE4 appeared late on in the lives of both the Gamecube and PS2. It's unrealistic to expect that level of quality in a first generation game on any platform.

Super Paper Mario has now been announced that it is going to be released on the Wii aswell.

Great, more ports! Fucking A!

Also, the smart money is to get a Wii anyway, as it has backwards compatibility with Gamecube games. I see a lot of folk willing to sell their 'Cubes recently, and wether or not they know this, if you have thoughts of getting a Wii, buying a second hand Gamecube will be pointless.

Not if you already own a gamecube.

Ocarina of Time is the most famous and popular Zelda because it made a perfect transition from 2D into 3D. Same as Mario 64 (although I wouldn't consider that perfect). It was a revolutionary step in the series. It will be way harder to replicate this with future Zelda titles because they will all be in 3D, unless they go to 4D or something.

Twilight Princess was designed for the Gamecube hardware, so the graphics and presentation won't be showing a lot of the power of the Wii.

I am familiar with Ocarina of Time and its significance. I value graphics in terms of artistic design and flair rather than sheer technical prowess. In my opinion TP has taken a major step back from Wind Waker in this regard. Okami and Shadow of the Collossus are games which have these qualities in spades despite running on last gen hardware.

I'd like to point out that I like The Wii and sold my cube to buy one. But at the same time I can see both sides and think there is a lot to be said for waiting a while and enjoying the recent outstanding games you listed.

I was actually agreeing with you.

FFS.

Yeah, there's nothing that really appeals to me in the PS3 launch line up. I'm sure that great things will happen over the following year, as with the 360. I'll keep hoping for a high definition, realistic Katamari Damacy. :gringo:

dont know if this has been mentioned. works internet is too slooooow to read all posts.

search google for "wii accidents" .... que the wii puns.

theres been something crazy like 50,000 accidents mostly relating to the wii remote smashing tv screens, teeth, pets etc. best one i saw was the remote lodged in the edge of a tv.

dont know if this has been mentioned. works internet is too slooooow to read all posts.

theres been something crazy like 50,000 accidents mostly relating to the wii remote smashing tv screens, teeth, pets etc. best one i saw was the remote lodged in the edge of a tv.

yea someone posted a link to a website cataloguing those accidents earlier. pretty funny stuff. maybe nintendo should release a range of wii gloves for gripping the wiimote in our wii hands.

50 000?

Source?

If you see some of the videos on YouTube you'll understand why there have been so many accidents. They mainly seem to involve Americans playing Wii sports, swinging the controllers violently beyond their degree of sensitivity. Tennis responds better to a flick of the wrist than a full on serve motion y'know.

I might start a website dedicated to damage caused by throwing random objects at T.Vs then trying to sue the manufacturers.

yea someone posted a link to a website cataloguing those accidents earlier. pretty funny stuff. maybe nintendo should release a range of wii gloves for gripping the wiimote in our wii hands.

I'm fairly certain I've seen Wii gloves mentioned somewhere as a future product, whether through Nintendo themselves or a third party, but then I could just be imagining things.

Just out of curiosity, anyone got any insider info as to when stores are likely to be restocked with Wii's? The only place I've found any indication of possible restock dates is the German Amazon page, which is apparently expecting new supplies at the beginning of next week.

• 4 weeks later...
If you have a Wii, then I urge you to investigate Wario Ware smooth moves when it comes out this Friday. It's the funniest videogame I have ever played.

Sounds great.

Every WarioWare game is a treat to play, especially the Cube and DS ones. I haven't had a chance to play Twisted for GBA (with the motion sensor built into it) because it wasn't released in Europe. :(

Sounds great.

Every WarioWare game is a treat to play, especially the Cube and DS ones. I haven't had a chance to play Twisted for GBA (with the motion sensor built into it) because it wasn't released in Europe. :(

I only bought the 'Cube version recently and have been highly amused with the gameplay, seems perfect for a gaming party. Drunkeness affecting reaction rates ahoy!

I only bought the 'Cube version recently and have been highly amused with the gameplay, seems perfect for a gaming party. Drunkeness affecting reaction rates ahoy!

Yeah it's awesome.

The best game to play multiplayer has to be the one where you (and others) have to pump up the balloon while one person needs to complete a minigame and you have to avoid playing a game when the balloon bursts, meaning you lose.