aberdeen-music

Delete My Acc

Guest Neubeatz

Are more and more people deleting their accounts these days, or are there just more folk showing it off in the forums, as opposed to simply messaginging Neil?

Not really. People very rarely message me privately asking for their accounts to be removed - most just post here so the accounts that have been deleted recently are pretty much the posts you see in this forum (or in the Technical Problems forum). Bearing in mind that there is at least one new registration a day on average then account deletions are rare events. When people don't want to use the site anymore they just tend to abandon their accounts rather than ask for them to be removed.

Guest Kilgore Trout
I think it's just 'cool' to distance yourself from this forum these days. But i guess if you aren't willing to contribute constructive input and you aren't getting what you require from the website then its no sad loss.

nobody says "cool" anymore, apart from my uncle and he's 100% ding.

Guest Kilgore Trout
And where did the 'petty negativity' start? Personally I'm as happy as larry, as are most on here, I assume, but strange and unwarranted debates and accusations can get folks backs up now and again.

i know Larry, sometimes he gets a bit down in the dumps but like you say most days he's happy.

Guest Kilgore Trout
He passed my window yesterday and was dancing in a Fred Astaire style. I decided to be that happy but without the dancing bit :)

J

tell you what he fair gets about aberdeen, sometimes i see him on my street stopping to spread some happiness with the bike stealing junkies down the road. the other day i saw him on the roundabout by altens. thats Larry though, whataguy!

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-lar1.htm

Larry never deletes his account, then comes back under another name because he cant get by without Aberdeen music! whataguy!

Larry never deletes his account, then comes back under another name because he cant get by without Aberdeen music! whataguy!

I thought he did once delete his account due to a lack of hapiness on this site... Something to do with starting a thread about being happy and then he got a little miffed that only a few looked at it so he started another thread that more folk looked at that wasn't about being happy (*takes a breath*). I think the second thread was about boxing kangaroos, ironically. That's Larry, never one to let things get all out of proportion...

Guest Kilgore Trout
I thought he did once delete his account due to a lack of hapiness on this site... Something to do with starting a thread about being happy and then he got a little miffed that only a few looked at it so he started another thread that more folk looked at that wasn't about being happy (*takes a breath*). I think the second thread was about boxing kangaroos, ironically. That's Larry, never one to let things get all out of proportion...

aye i read about that in a journal at Aberdeen library, if its true it would explain why you never ever see his right hand- maybe he has a wee twisty crab hand like that Jeremy Beadle from Holyoaks.

ach well,

whataguy!

Neubeatz has had a hard time. Basically if you turn your back on the local scene for any reason for 1 moment you are forgotton. So much for a "scene" in the first place.

Regardless of Neabeatz's personal circumstances, claiming he is being discriminated against because more people have read or replied to another thread rather than his own threads is simply absurd. That is what his original thread was about and why it subsequently caused such a fuss.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

anybody who chooses to post a thread in this manner instead of just abandoning the site or PMing a mod, is a whining crybaby craving attention. It's like a toned down version of suicide. "If only we'd known how he was feeling inside...maybe there was something we could have done to help him!"

anybody who chooses to post a thread in this manner instead of just abandoning the site or PMing a mod, is a whining crybaby craving attention. It's like a toned down version of suicide. "If only we'd known how he was feeling inside...maybe there was something we could have done to help him!"

What irked me more was his pitiful attempt at trying to justify people not liking his music because he's disabled. Now i couldn't give a rats ass whether he's disabled or not, his music wasn't great in my opinion.

It was all just a cry for attention and it annoyed me that someone would use a disability as a guilt trip (incidentaly my sister is disabled before anyone starts having a go) and if he wants his music to be judged with that taken into consideration then he needs to reasses why he's making music.

Guest DustyDeviada
i had absolutely no idea that he was disabled. which thread are you talking about?

Neither did I. What particular disability does he have? I did a gig with him once and can't say I noticed.

As for his music, well, it wasn't really my thing, but it was certianly "different."