aberdeen-music

Worst 50 Artists in Music History

Guest onlynik

i didnt have to do that then, you just had to nominate a number for a bonus double points question, i got mine right but it wasnt enough to beat the burger van owner.

i lost by 3 points, it was neck and neck going into my last question 'what was ray charles only number one hit...' what was even more annoying was i had watched a programme the weekend before that featured ray charles and mentioned the answer I Can't Stop Loving You, sadly under that kind of pop master pressure i for the life of me couldnt remember it and lost.... head hung in shame!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
have you heard cliff's latest attempt to sabotage and terrorise the christmas hit parade '21st century christmas'? ken bruce played it the other day and ken knows what the kids want!

I do actually think Cliff has made some classic pop records, and I would include Mistletoe and Wine in that, but he really ought to drop the Christmas thing. That new song is terrible, just awful.

I do actually think Cliff has made some classic pop records, and I would include Mistletoe and Wine in that, but he really ought to drop the Christmas thing. That new song is terrible, just awful.

i don't disagree, cliff has made some great records - i still love his 1989 collaboration with stock, aitken and waterman 'i just dont have the heart' and his 'waht car' single from last year was cracking... but on the other hand he's made some woeful ones shite like 'mistletoe and wine'

Guest DustyDeviada
i don't disagree, cliff has made some great records - i still love his 1989 collaboration with stock, aitken and waterman 'i just dont have the heart' and his 'waht car' single from last year was cracking... but on the other hand he's made some woeful ones shite like 'mistletoe and wine'

Ha, I quite liked What Car as well, but I wouldn't quite put in the classic Cliff camp, I was thinking suff like Move It, Summer Holiday, Bachelor Boy, Devil Woman etc.

I Just Don't Have the Heart was good for it's time, but like all Stock, Aitken and Waterman stuff sounds dated now. Will probably sound OK again in ten years time.

These bands have (or have had) record contracts. The guy who made the website doesn't.

Shite website.

haha what does a record deal have anything to do with how 'good' a band are?

I would have to go against the doors and jamiriqui in the top 50.

firstly the doors ok theres a lot of reasons why not to like them, like not having a bassist when playing live and clearly sounding fecking good in recording, but even if i didn't dig there music i would still regard them highly.

secondly jamiriqui well the musicians themselves are damn good, ok there is a lot of ripping stevie's stuff but generally its fine music.

pretty much the rest of the bands i would say are fair to be there, it seems a lot of bands on the list are bands which are the result of hype or to put it simpler bands which get the chicks at the time but no one likes the music of: you know those bands to well in aberdeen eh!

i do respect your point about not having a label, but I'm sure there are many good bands that may never get a deal.

Tom

Hi why is he a twat.

Because they've made up a list of artists they don't like and made them the 50 worst artists in music history, surely the 50 worst artists would never have managed to get a fanbase, and chances are we'd have never heard of any of them etc. Its one persons opinions (and I bet they've not heard all the artists as many seem to be just rehashes of the popular view) and therefore really a load of crap when portrayed as a list of the worst 50, it should have been, the 50 acts we dont like and why...

Cheers

Stuart