aberdeen-music

5 best guitarists ever?

ChildofBodom

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know whats REALLY fucking gay. (this will stir up a hornets nest.)

The fact that five years ago EVERY OTHER POST would include Kirk Hammet. Dont ask me why and you know im right BUT he seems to be a really unfashionable name to list now. I bet more of you are influenced by him than you think (especially the guys who have grown up listening to Metallica.)

He is probably my favorite guitarist. Think of some the riffs he has written for Metallica. Think about his solo's. They are amazing. Granted he seems incapable of laying down solos live now and cops out heaps which seems to just be lack or practice.

Think about it though...some of the most memorable solos are his. Such a tasteful player with exactly the right mix of tech and taste whilst creating solos that you look forward to in a song.

The "The Unforgiven" solo.

The "Blackened" solo.

All the solos in "Fade To Black"

The "Creeping Death" solo

The "Bleeding Me" solo

The "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" solo

The "Struggle within" Solo

The "Dyers Eve" Solo

The "The Memory Remains" solo.

There is HEAPS more that are truly great and memorable solos. Much more than any other metal bands leads!

Have a think...I think you'll agree!

You know whats REALLY fucking gay. (this will stir up a hornets nest.)

The fact that five years ago EVERY OTHER POST would include Kirk Hammet. Dont ask me why and you know im right BUT he seems to be a really unfashionable name to list now. I bet more of you are influenced by him than you think (especially the guys who have grown up listening to Metallica.)

He is probably my favorite guitarist. Think of some the riffs he has written for Metallica. Think about his solo's. They are amazing. Granted he seems incapable of laying down solos live now and cops out heaps which seems to just be lack or practice.

Think about it though...some of the most memorable solos are his. Such a tasteful player with exactly the right mix of tech and taste whilst creating solos that you look forward to in a song.

The "The Unforgiven" solo.

The "Blackened" solo.

All the solos in "Fade To Black"

The "Creeping Death" solo

The "Bleeding Me" solo

The "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)" solo

The "Struggle within" Solo

The "Dyers Eve" Solo

The "The Memory Remains" solo.

There is HEAPS more that are truly great and memorable solos. Much more than any other metal bands leads!

Have a think...I think you'll agree!

You are right. He does shread.

Wouldn't that be just the people who grew up listening to Metallica, or has Kirk's guitar soloing had such an effect on popular culture that damn near every guitarist from bluegrass to jazz have taken a leaf out of his moustachiod book?