aberdeen-music

Taste of Chaos - Glasgow

Guest inc18457

I don't tihnk it was arguing about MMW, more arguing about an event not giving a band much notice. I imagine most bands of the required style would probably shove their granny in front of a bus to get the slot, so arranging their shit to get to glasgow on a days notice probably isn't that big a deal. You've got to take the opportunities presented to you.

Good luck with the show, it'll be a good little warmup for Drummonds on Sunday :D

I don't tihnk it was arguing about MMW, more arguing about an event not giving a band much notice.

Exactly. To me that just leaves everyone hanging. Also, if people were likely to go to this to see MMW, they might not know about till it's too late. Its like the promoters saying "we dont care about you attracting peope to the gig, thats not why we want you to play, we just like bands to wet themselves about playing our show"

Who really gives a toss how it's organised? I couldn't give a fuck how or why MMW got it, all I'm interested in is that they're playing.

Nice one Weapon :)

Its not just MMW. Apparently EOE only found out yesterday as well. For a fucking big festival/gig/tour organiser to only annouce the "local" support bands the day before.........is fucking incompetent. simple as.

Guest inc18457

well done to my mind's weapon!

i thought my mind's weapon did really well! a bit of a shame the sound for all the bands on that stage wasn't that great, but i guess the experience more than made up for that! enjoyed pmx and end of everything too, hadn't see those guys before

saosin: really enjoyed, the vocals were a bit off, but then again, when you sing that high must be hard to push your voice!!

senses fail: thought they were ok, but vocals were really flat and bad

underoath: thought they played a strange set-list, but really enojoyed them!

alexisonfire: wow.

anti-flag: not my thing at all, i was surprised they were that high up on the order, but they got a great response from the crowd!

taking back sunday: not really my thing, but you had to respect the singer's showmanship and their professionalism, especially with having a singer/guitarist missing.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

saosin: really enjoyed, the vocals were a bit off, but then again, when you sing that high must be hard to push your voice!!

senses fail: thought they were ok, but vocals were really flat and bad

underoath: thought they played a strange set-list, but really enojoyed them!

alexisonfire: wow.

Are you aware that this was the same band playing 4 sets but under a different alias each time?

Are you aware that this was the same band playing 4 sets but under a different alias each time?

Funnily they sound nothing like each other. Not only do the vocalists sing in different keys but the bands are from different genres.

I do realise you're attempting to take the piss, but c'mon at least make it relevant or funny.

the onstage sound was the worst - mainly my fault, because we didnt get a soundcheck (or even line check for that matter) we had no idea what volumes were going to be in relation to each other and the blunder of my amp drowning out all else was SHIT!!! (not helped by my AIDS playing that night)

it was nice to see folk there with our t-shirts though :D:D

i didnt know it was a case of a friend "doing us a favour" - but what do i know.

flood were meant to be playing - but we would still have been on the bill - just means there was no support betwwen alexis and TBS.

x