aberdeen-music

Fireworks

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115'

Unexpected error

/acci/web/site/CouncilNews/pr/pr_fireworks_031106.asp

A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot continue running.

Someone call the Council's IT department...

Someone call the Council's IT department...

Works fine with me, but anyhoo -

The finishing touches are being made to this years annual City of Aberdeen fireworks display, which takes place at the Beach on Sunday (5 November).

The 20-minute display begins at 7pm, but the family fun starts at 6pm with walkabout street and musical entertainment at the Queens Links. Catering facilities and toilets will be provided.

Aberdeen City Council has selected Highlight Pyrotechnics to deliver Sundays display, which will be fired from an area on the Lower Beach Promenade directly in front of the Beach Boulevard.

The event involves a number of road closures and parking restrictions in the Beach area (see below), and organisers are urging spectators to leave their cars at home and use the special park-and-ride bus service instead.

Buses will run to and from the Beach from Bridge of Don (Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre), Kingswells, and Calder Park.

The Bridge of Don and Kingswells services start at 5.20pm and run every 10 minutes until 6.20pm (Kingswells) and 6.30pm (Bridge of Don). Calder Park starts at 5.15pm and runs every 15 minutes until 6.15pm. All will start returning from the Beach immediately after the display finishes, at approximately 7.20pm.

The drop-off point will be at one designated stop on the NORTH side of Beach Boulevard, before its junction with Links Road. There will be three separately-identified pick-up points at stops on the SOUTH side of Beach Boulevard from its junction at Links Road westwards towards Castlegate.

Cost is 1.50 return for adults, 1 for children and is payable on the bus.

Senior events officer Bill Farquhar said: We are encouraging people not to hold their own bonfire or firework party, but to attend the Beach display. Please make sure you come properly dressed for the weather and wed ask you not to bring your own fireworks.

ROADS AND PARKING

Roads which will be closed between 5.30pm and 8pm on November 5 will be: Beach Boulevard, from Links Road to Beach Esplanade; Links Road from Constitution Street to Beach Esplanade; Beach Esplanade southwards from Accommodation Road to the roundabout at Burger King; Urquhart Road from Park Road to Links Road (access and egress only for residents, and for Blue Badge holders for disabled parking at the bottom of Urquhart Road).

Cotton Street will be closed from 9am to 8pm to allow for the operation of the park-and-ride service. (access/egress only for businesses)

A one-way system will be in place from 5.30pm to 8pm at Greyhope Road with anti-clockwise traffic only from St Fitticks Road to Sinclair Road.

There will be no parking restrictions in place between 6pm and 8pm on Links Road from Beach Esplanade to Constitution Street and the Beach Boulevard from Links Road to the railway line.

Yeah I went, it was good. I had the perfect spot, was right in front of where they were being set off....the only bad things about the night were the whiney students that were stood next to us, they kept complaining about the display.....that and getting hit repeatedly with one of the blue light sabers lol. Overall it was good though.

i was a little disturbed just how low they were. they didn't seem to be very high up at all. my nephew wasn't overly happy, hiding behind our legs when the bigger ones went off.

Yeah, they were pretty low. It was a bit disconcerting at times, definitely the closest fireworks display I've ever been to. Were they being launched from the beach?

Yeah, they were pretty low. It was a bit disconcerting at times, definitely the closest fireworks display I've ever been to. Were they being launched from the beach?

yep, i think that's why they looked low. they were a launched a good bit below the crowd but i guess the beach is as safe a place to launch them as any. any wayward rockets could just land in the sea or hit the sea wall.