aberdeen-music

The View at Kef last night

TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH

What were people's opinions of this up and coming band?

My first impression was not related to the band, I was very surprised how good the sound is in Kef now. Though, the last time I was actually there to see a band I think was Link 80 and Lightyear which must of been about 800 years ago.

The View were quite good at what they do, writing throwaway indie pop songs, which is no slur on them. I thought were was more than a passing resemblance to The Libertines on quite a few songs, and oddly, Less than Jake. No encore though? Boo!

What were people's opinions of this up and coming band?

My first impression was not related to the band, I was very surprised how good the sound is in Kef now. Though, the last time I was actually there to see a band I think was Link 80 and Lightyear which must of been about 800 years ago.

The View were quite good at what they do, writing throwaway indie pop songs, which is no slur on them. I thought were was more than a passing resemblance to The Libertines on quite a few songs, and oddly, Less than Jake. No encore though? Boo!

kef has always had a good pa, its what the knob tweaking people do with it that can make what you hear sound good or bad. as the famous saying goes, "shit in and shit out".

Guest inc18457
kef has always had a good pa, its what the knob tweaking people do with it that can make what you hear sound good or bad. as the famous saying goes, "shit in and shit out".

has the floor been fixed yet?

nothing more unnerving than walking across something that belongs in an indiana jones movie!

There was a few brawls - they're not welcome back. They attract an element of undesirables. I'm sure that's only a small minority of their fans however.

It seemed well handled for the amount of trouble and amount of barstaff/doorpeople you had on

Guest Tam o' Shantie

they are a gang of morons intent on aping the tabloid lifestyle of their idols, the libertines (or more accurately, the slapstick antics of Doherty) - down to a tee, such as the singer's 'the view' tatoo on his right bicep in the exact font that pete (or maybe carl) has 'libertine'. why do all of these hacks insist on 'after parties' so that they can pretend to be rich NYC coke tooters like the strokes...it sucks. Even though I hate the arctic monkeys (who i basically consider to be the same band with a sheffield accent), you've gotta hand it to them for not acting like nme fanboys and trying to start 'riots' and stuff.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
There was a few brawls - they're not welcome back. They attract an element of undesirables. I'm sure that's only a small minority of their fans however.

Or as the NME would see it, "teenage punks in aberdeen venue ban shocker!" :sleeping: