aberdeen-music

Sams Hot Car Lot...

eat your parents

I saw them twice and got to play a gig with them in 2003. They were an incredibly tight band that blew away everyone else that night. They were absolute shits - I remember the drummer completely destroyed another bands kick drum and refused to pay any money for it. The "asshole" persona kind of worked onstage for them though.

that was the band who almost ended up scrapping with sidca that night in drakes right? the crazy night with masamune, fighting red adair, senator and sams hot car lot.

i put them on at a sonic deth monkey and they were very sullen folk, i think only one of them actually spoke to me. good band though, even though it was a blatant oxes/shellac rip off. if you're gonna sound like someone you can do much worse :)

Up here?

Are you back already, Alastair?

I'm out tonight before I head back Shaz if you fancy a drink. Dave you and Hef are more than welcome too, but I don't have your mobile numbers these days

Anyway... back to topic, yeah they were the guys who almost scrapped with Craig and Dave from Sidca. I hated that gig. The "we're all from Edinburgh/Glasgow so fuck off" mentality was awful. In saying that though, those bands who came up for that gig (Fighting Red Adair - who were quite nice guys, Sams Hot Car Lot and Senator) were much better than us and Subsistence that night (I'm sure Michael would agree).

Anyway, I really like the demo, more than I did when I originally got it off Shaz DRakes.

I'm sure Derek from Paravion knows them.

In saying that though, those bands who came up for that gig (Fighting Red Adair - who were quite nice guys, Sams Hot Car Lot and Senator) were much better than us and Subsistence that night (I'm sure Michael would agree).

You son of a bitch, Al.

I wonder, can you hear the sound of my heart breaking while you lord it up in Aberdeen? Well, can you?

that was the band who almost ended up scrapping with sidca that night in drakes right?

if 'almost scrapping' covers trading punches across the balcony bit and tumbling into the seats below :D

good times, good times...

it wasn't quite tumbling but more being speared by sidca's mate and landing on my fiance.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
if 'almost scrapping' covers trading punches across the balcony bit and tumbling into the seats below

Nice one, we knew it was an inspired choice to draft them in to bat for Spike.

Guest Mr Blastcap
Nice one, we knew it was an inspired choice to draft them in to bat for Spike.

Dave and Craig were allways way more dangerous/mad/loony than me.

I cant remember that gig. sams hot car lot is a shit name so i stand by my bandmates reactions, it was probably justified.

actually i remember hearing the anecdote, the argument started around the use of ribbon mic's and how steve albini would wire a plug, and as far as i can remember the bass player from sams hot car lot had got huffy when someone had mis pronounced shellac. Like he was on first name basis with Bob Weston or something. So many of these Edinburgh bands are such cock knockers, Atittude is fine as long as you're band is nae called Dead or American.....(hilariously over serious gaylord guitar music)

• 3 years later...