Gillette or ..The other stuff?

Benji

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Hush :p

Stubble rash on the chin isn't the worst of it though, as I'm sure many ladies would agree.

Goes both ways though, it can be a nightmare giving a lassie a munch if they've a week's regrowth.

I think I should stop right there.

i have to shave every day now due to work. my flatmates can get away with 2/3 per week but it has to be every day for me or i look a mess! i also have the hairiest body ever, particularly my back. when i've got my tattoos, extensive shaving has been required and when i got the one between my shoulderblades on saturday just past, the guy was chuckling away to himself while he shaved me!

razor blade lifespan is something which is never made clear by any manufacture and i've often wondered but i don't go for anything fancy than a gilette blue II and some of the old-skool gilette foam from before the sensor/sensor excel/mach III days. lemon and line they say - i'm not so sure! either way, shave money-friday, use a disposable a week and bin it on the friday. had no problems and it's a cheap shave too. they're always on offer, about 500 for £2!

/x

A overly hot bath first, then Mach3 with a combination of King Of Shaves oil topped with a Gilette Sensitive shaving gel. For afterwards, some Body Shop afterhave gel that tastes foul (should you want to taste it) but works wonders - Sadly now discontinued. I hate shaving, it's taken me years to develop this routine to prevent face explosions.

As for those new-fangled five-blade razors, load of balls. First time I used the single blade on the back for trimming my top lip I managed to cut myself five times under my nose when the phone went off. Also, the plastic joint of blade to handle breaks really easily - Which means 2 out of 2 blades I've tried have popped off whilst shaving.

A good trick for anyone with skin problems with shaving too much should try shaving in the shower, it works an absolute treat for me. I don't use any gel/oil/etc, just hot water and the trusty Mach 3 does the job perfectly. The real trick is making sure that you shave while the water is directly hitting the area that's being shaved - tricky at first, but an utter doddle after a while.

A overly hot bath first, then Mach3 with a combination of King Of Shaves oil topped with a Gilette Sensitive shaving gel. For afterwards, some Body Shop afterhave gel that tastes foul (should you want to taste it) but works wonders - Sadly now discontinued. I hate shaving, it's taken me years to develop this routine to prevent face explosions.

Haha, you treat yourself right, don't you? ;) Break out the silk pjs and the smelly candles... Nullmouse is off for a hand shandy.

I use Gilette disposables and boring Gilette shaving cream for my de-furring needs. However, I slap on a bit of the Nivea aftershave balm, which is really good stuff. Shame it's quite expensive, but you get a lot in a bottle.

Haha, you treat yourself right, don't you? ;) Break out the silk pjs and the smelly candles... Nullmouse is off for a hand shandy.

One finds that Vivaldi's Motezuma coaxes the stubble to lift, allowing for a closer shave.

Seriously tho, the frequency that I shave means it does become a big event. And once you've got a routine... 'I use habit and routine to make my life possible.'