aberdeen-music

Computer shops in aberdeen...

Guest Savant

My computer's being a right bitch. Is there anywhere in Aberdeen that comes reccomended to get the little fucker sorted out? I think it's overheating or something - it doesn't seem to be very good at starting up successfully or staying on. I've heard people say that the shops on george st are good...?

North East Peripherals on George Street is quite good. And the one right next door to it looks alright, but I don't have any direct experience of it. Avoid the other ones on George Street.

Everest on Holburn Street are pretty good as well. They've always been really helpful when I've gone in needing bits to patch up my machine.

Overheating could lead to it cutting out, so it's possible you need a new fan. If you describe the exact symptoms there's a few people on here who could probably give you a more accurate idea of what's causing it. Unfortunately I'm not one of them :up:

I would agree with Chris about both North East and Everest. Avoid the other shop next to North East as i know people who have had problems with them in the past (although i think it's some how connected to Everest). There is also a place up by the Castlegate called Gem which is good. Best advice is to speak to them and see how much they charge, then mention the prices other shops have quoted then see what they say, you'll probably find they are eager to reduce the price to get your business.

tech rescure on south mount street are really nice guys. built my pc and were happy enough to replace the graphics card after 11 months just going by my description of what was happening to it. i know they should be doing that anyway but as a guy who's worked in retail since i was 17 i can honestly say the guy that served me was spot on. seemed to really care about the customer leaving happy and coming back.

north east peripherals or tech resource on south mount st. great service, no cowboys and actually have stuff in stock and can tell you about it (unlike the computer shop stock/staff!)

Seconded.

Plus we used to be able to look out of the living room window to see if Tech Resource was open and whether anyone was throwing around reindeer heads in't street ;)