aberdeen-music

Piercing Aftercare?

A.Pel

While drunk the other night I let a friend sabotage me with a needle and earring. I have become rather attached to it, but having never had anything done before I don't know how to stop the pus coming etc.

So far I have slathered myself in TCP, but is it salty water you're supposed to use?

Age old stooopid thing to do.

o_O

If it is getting pus-like then do not remove the piercing as it allows the pus to drain. Try cleaning it with savlon (diluted) or boiled up salted water (cool it first though, ;)). TCP is quite a harsh antiseptic, salt water is kinder. If you can, buy ready sterilised saline packets to clean it with, you can prolly get them from the chemist.

Pus doesn't necessarily mean it's infected, it can just mean it's inflammed - it's just dead cells. Unless however it's a nasty colour or has an offensive smell.

Keep cleaning it a couple of times a day.

yup... salty water (very slightly salty, about 1/4 teaspoon of salt per mug of water) does the trick... i remember reading that rock salt/seasalt was best as it doesnt have a load of shitty chemicals in it