aberdeen-music

Best Comedy Movie Ever....

Diesel

Watched it on Sky last night....

...TOP GUN...

Absolutely hilarious :up:

There's so much to laugh about...

• Goose's paedo 'tache
  • Maverick's pishy, flabby wee pecs - obviously trying to be an adonis like Kilmer or Rossovich
  • The badly diguised gay subtext - a big testosterone-fuelled, macho movie with hardly any minge in it? Hmmmm....
  • Kelly McGillis's big bappit coupon and her seamed stockings
  • The complete lack of sexual chemistry between the leads - I don't think Maverick actually pumps it at any stage
  • The Cruiser's blank expression passing for angst and emotion
  • The diabolical faux "hard rock" soundtrack - complete with Kenny Loggins nasal vocals.
  • The stupid, stupid macho "call signs" - Maverick, Iceman, Viper ad nauseum - gie's fucking peace - it should be Poofman, Wankyboy and Spunkbags
  • The inevitable "What I'm about to tell you about your disgraced father is classified, son" revelation.
  • Val Kilmer's woodentop "acting" - I've seen a bag of lentils emote more convincingly than that. To be fair to the Valmiester, he's been good in subsequesnt movies
  • But above all it's the risible dialogue with McGillis in her 80's power-dress suit telling hairy-arsed pilots how to outmanouver MIGs "Double helix, parabolic, inverted triple-loops, with a twist of lemon" Pish! - if you're going to contrive to cast a burd in a role like that, at least 3 of the guys should get to shag it...at the same time...up the erse and everything!

Having said all that, it's completely and utterly watchable - like a car crash or dogging (so they tell me), you know you shouldn't, but you just can't help it.

DZL

I use to love Airplane and Airplane 2 but then i watched them in Australia.

They are known as Flying High 1 & 2 all the music has been changed (due to legal difficulties) and heaps of the jokes have been changed but just dubbed over the original actors with voices that sound nothing like the actors.

The Jive speak scenes were completely ruined.

Now my favourite comedy is Young Frankenstein.

Watched it on Sky last night....

...TOP GUN...

Absolutely hilarious :up:

There's so much to laugh about...

• Goose's paedo 'tache
  • Maverick's pishy, flabby wee pecs - obviously trying to be an adonis like Kilmer or Rossovich
  • The badly diguised gay subtext - a big testosterone-fuelled, macho movie with hardly any minge in it? Hmmmm....
  • Kelly McGillis's big bappit coupon and her seamed stockings
  • The complete lack of sexual chemistry between the leads - I don't think Maverick actually pumps it at any stage
  • The Cruiser's blank expression passing for angst and emotion
  • The diabolical faux "hard rock" soundtrack - complete with Kenny Loggins nasal vocals.
  • The stupid, stupid macho "call signs" - Maverick, Iceman, Viper ad nauseum - gie's fucking peace - it should be Poofman, Wankyboy and Spunkbags
  • The inevitable "What I'm about to tell you about your disgraced father is classified, son" revelation.
  • Val Kilmer's woodentop "acting" - I've seen a bag of lentils emote more convincingly than that. To be fair to the Valmiester, he's been good in subsequesnt movies
  • But above all it's the risible dialogue with McGillis in her 80's power-dress suit telling hairy-arsed pilots how to outmanouver MIGs "Double helix, parabolic, inverted triple-loops, with a twist of lemon" Pish! - if you're going to contrive to cast a burd in a role like that, at least 3 of the guys should get to shag it...at the same time...up the erse and everything!

Having said all that, it's completely and utterly watchable - like a car crash or dogging (so they tell me), you know you shouldn't, but you just can't help it.

DZL

Your ego's writing cheques your body can't cash.

Super Troopers is an absolute gem of a comedy that I like better on every watch.

Agreed. I remember the first itme I watched it I thought it was pretty rubbish.

Gets better and better though.

Always a favourite to watch now and again.

Have just ordered their first movie 'Puddle Cruiser' too, so hopefully that will be a giiggle.

AGREED.

and anything (almost) with Mr Nielsen in it.

Scary Movie 3 and 4 are the exceptions there! I've seen them both and laughed throughout but I appreciate that I am a simpleton.

"Freddie got Fingered" is one of my favourite "comedy" films because it is so ludicrous. The sort of film I'd make if given millions of $$$.

Agreed. I remember the first itme I watched it I thought it was pretty rubbish.

Gets better and better though.

Always a favourite to watch now and again.

Have just ordered their first movie 'Puddle Cruiser' too, so hopefully that will be a giiggle.

It's the subtle little bits of dialogue and the cameraderie between the cops that I really love. It's quote-tastic too.

"Look John, we don't like each other"

"I like you"

Have you seen Club Dread? Is Puddle Cruiser the 3rd broken Lizard film?

EDIT - "their first movie 'Puddle Cruiser'" Duh. Have they only got 3 films?

Have you seen Club Dread? Is Puddle Cruiser the 3rd broken Lizard film?

EDIT - "their first movie 'Puddle Cruiser'" Duh. Have they only got 3 films?

So many quotes from the movie. We spent a night in Moshulu speaking in only Super Troopers lines. It was interesting.

Club Dread wasn't great. Some nice ideas, but it didn't work as well as previous films.

Movies as follows (i'm a broken lizard geek).

Puddle Cruiser

Super Troopers

Club Dread

Dukes of Hazzard (they are all in it but not major roles)

Beerfest

So many quotes from the movie. We spent a night in Moshulu speaking in only Super Troopers lines. It was interesting.

Club Dread wasn't great. Some nice ideas, but it didn't work as well as previous films.

Movies as follows (i'm a broken lizard geek).

Puddle Cruiser

Super Troopers

Club Dread

Dukes of Hazzard (they are all in it but not major roles)

Beerfest

I'm not even going to dignify myself with a response to that!