aberdeen-music

New Deftones Song - Rapture

Chris

Pity they're shite.

Arse.

nice one

Arse.

:p

But seriously, the Deftones are a majorly influential band on contemporary metal and rock. Even if you don't 'like' their music surely you can see what sort of contribution they've made to music in their 10+ years as a band.

Especially on two of the bands Davey_sc has listed in his 'listening to': Incubus and Biffy Clyro.

I don't think Deftones had much of an influence on Incubus surely?

They used to sound more like faith no more etc with loads of funky shite in there.

New Deftones song sounds cool though, i've laways liked them.

Have you heard the first couple of Incubus releases? Fair enough Deftones don't bring the funk but they definately helped influence the scene that made Incubus popular, Nu-Metal.

Have you heard the first couple of Incubus releases? Fair enough Deftones don't bring the funk but they definately helped influence the scene that made Incubus popular, Nu-Metal.

Yes ma loon, I have all the early Incubus stuff.

The bands were around at the same time... I see totally different influences in the two though.... they both had a dj mind you.

I think Incubus were slightly different to the standard nu-metal stuff though.... along with other bands like the Urge etc etc.

But whatever, it's all subject to personal opinion.

Yes ma loon, I have all the early Incubus stuff.

The bands were around at the same time... I see totally different influences in the two though.... they both had a dj mind you.

I think Incubus were slightly different to the standard nu-metal stuff though.... along with other bands like the Urge etc etc.

But whatever, it's all subject to personal opinion.

Oh totally, but Deftones were different to standard nu-metal too employing lush melodies rather than just the downtuned chuggy riffs. And Incubus do draw a lot from Faith No More but so do Deftones and almost all the other nu-metal bands, Korn being a major example. So if they all draw from the same bands themselves they surely must have common ground to start with.

I like both bands and i have to say that i do like the two or three tracks i've heard from 'Saturday Night Wrist'. Deftones haven't put out a boring or predictable album the whole of their career as far as i'm concerned.