aberdeen-music

Dirtbox....

Dizzy Storm

*tries not to get angry again*

but yes missdawn you were right, you probably did get a poster from them that night.

Leckie, if you dont like them then just dont come see them, come after they have played, see simple. That goes along with others too

the gig shall be good!

Originally posted by Sky:

I concur. I saw them play before Sirius once, in Drummonds, and fucking awful doesn't even begin to cover it. They even made Sirius look good.

OI sirius fucking rocked!

Originally posted by psydoll:

They're alright I s'pose - got the 'Against All Odds' demo but they're kinda very...average in my opinion. Might be better live though as a lot of poppier punk is.

eh.........................no. Blink-182 are perhaps the gnarliest pop-punk band i know of they SUCK live.

Originally posted by Leckie Gilman:

eh.........................no. Blink-182 are perhaps the gnarliest pop-punk band i know of they SUCK live.

That's a fair point about Blink but I love them on record - I meant there's a lot of bands in that genre that sound very average or below to me but are actually quite good live. It's a type of music that feeds especially well from live energy and gives the songs a passion that they missed when being recorded. Still not convinved about Dirtbox being that way but maybe I shall be proved wrong...

I like Dirtbox. Sirius don't exist anymore and were actually extremely inventive with intricate guitar parts, melodic bass lines and unusually phrased lyrics. Very difficult to play. Live, Blink 182 are a totally different animal than they were even a year ago. If you never saw their last tour then you don't know what blink sound like live.