aberdeen-music

New seats in the Premier Screen (Cineworld)

rufus13th

I always hated the Premier Screen, introuced back in the days of Virgin Cinema. The seats were never as comfortable as they made out (certainly no more than a regular seat). Ok so if you were a fat ass, then you had a little more room. 10 for a ticket was a joke, although it did include snacks and table service. However, I don't like to eat or talk during a movie so that was a waste of money. The only positive thing I could say (and it's not a big deal) is that the extra leg room was kinda nice.

From a business point of view though, UGC and Cineworld suffered from Virgin's mistake, after they inherited the building. With something like 20 seats in the hall (exaggeration I know), capacity was significantly smaller than the other eight screens.

But I've noticed that Cineworld were renovating the premier screen - I saw all the old chairs being thrown out. I was chuffed until I watched Black Dahlia in the premier screen. I expected them to completely reshape the floor in order to accommodate as many seats as possible. Well all they've done is remove the tables and replaced the old seats with new more comfortable ones that recline back (they squeak at the slightest movement though).

Whilst the new seats are decent, I would've converted the premier screen to a normal one. Surely the purpose of a cinema manager is to get as many bums on seats as possible?

Oh and I was disappointed with Black Dahlia.

Guest DustyDeviada

Haven't been to that cinema for ages, Vue is the best IMO. The wife won't set fut in the place after she found some sort of beastie in her nachos, eee-ww.

In fact being a cheapskate the only time I was ever in the screen that you are talking about was to see Mystic River, but it was just being used as a normal screen at that point.

Cineworld is pish - that's where all the cleaners & van drivers take their noisy, rude, shell-suited brats for dinner (have you SEEN the amount of food these cunts eat during a movie?).

The Belmont is a bit more laid back, though the bar tends to be full of Frasers & Amelias talking pretentious pish.

Vue is a good compromise. but you need chemotherapy after negotiating the filthy miasma that the disgusting smoking cunts leave floating around the entrance.

DZL

The reason that they couldn't completely reshape the floor is that the frame in that screen is shaped out of concrete whereas the rest are shaped out of wood, so it was physically impossible to change the amount of rows etc. Apparently.

Cineworld is falling to bits, but that's what you get when you inhabit a building in a shitty leisure park that was built in the 90's on what is essentially a beach. :up:

The only reason I go to the Aberdeen Cineworld is because I have a monthly pass, which works out to be great value.

However due to the limited number of screens, we only get garbage mainstream titles.

The Glasgow Cineworld, on the other hand, is 100% sex. Arthouse and contemporary films all the time (as well as mainstream pish).

I went to the Belmont and was amazed that folk sat through the credits at the end. I tried to leave once the film had finished and got a few hard stares.

pete

inthehills

AYE! that's a fair point there!

We went to see Black Dahlia (pish) on Saturday and that's exactly what happened.

However, I was bursting for a wazz so I just cut a swathe through the Frasers & Amelia's - who were obviously waiting with bated breath to see who the Key Grip was and who was in charge of the First Unit - to get to the bog.

"oot ma wye ya cunts, ah'm burstin' for a pish!" I roared - much to the disdainment of the lovely Carole. I really must stop getting absolutely shiters before going to the cinema.

DZL

• 8 years later...

I was in this screen today watching The Voices. The cinema opened in 1997 (18 Years Ago) and I don't think the seats or sound systems have been replaced in any of this time apart from the seat change mentioned in this thread. On the whole the Beach cinema is the most run down out of Aberdeen's 4 cinema's and could do with a full cinema revamp.

The screen mentioned Cineworld Beach Screen 2 is the best screen in this cinema but it is still nothing on the Union Square cinema.