aberdeen-music

Underflow Fresher's Party: Popup, Stanley + Holy Folks. 27th September

Get yourselves along to our next night, after a three month hiatus!

undernew-1.jpg

Popup.

We first introduced Popup to Aberdeen in February, since then they have exploded across the country, having released their first single "Lucy What You Trying To Say" in June. Quirky tales of Contemporary Scottish Life paired with jaunty rythms and upbeat catchy tunes. Working tirelessly, gigging almost every night Popup are about to huge.

www.myspace.com/popuptheband

Stanley

One of Aberdeen's most inventive bands, with a sound harking towards the intelligent orchestrations of mid-era Divine Comedy and the vocal power of Scott Walker. Stanley are an enigmatic group which enthrawls the sheer creativity of their output.

www.myspace.com/iamstanley

Holy Folks

The Crown Princes of Anti-Folk. The Holy Folks are fresh off the release of their new EP and back on the offensive since securing their new drummer. With influences as wide as The Moldy Peaches and NWA, they were described by Anti-Folk Godfather, Lach, as the best band he played with on his recent UK Tour.

www.myspace.com/holyfolks

Wednesday 27th September,

The Tunnels, Carnegie's Brae, Aberdeen

Doors 8PM, Tax 3

Guest Callum, Underflow
Isn't Freshers 18th-23rd?;)

I'll be along no doubt.

yeah it is (at least for most students) but hopefully that will just mean the new students will have realised how shit liquid is by then;) and be looking for somewhere decent to go.:up:

Guest Callum, Underflow

We are delighted to anounce that Dave (from R'n'B Music) will be doing the visuals for this gig.

For those that don't recognise the name, this is the guy who put on the visual treats for the electro night we put on as well as the summer solstice night.

Appologies to those astounded by callums post, Visual Dave cant make it, so I think I might be doing something, or showing a film or something to that effect.

On the plus side, we still have three of the most inventive bands around.

www.myspace.com/popuptheband

www.myspace.com/iamstanley

www.myspace.com/holyfolks

Guest Callum, Underflow

yeah sorry bout that, he seems to have a problem with his laptop. He's giving it a re-fit and it's not going to be ready in time, unfortunatly.

Sorry for the false hope, but i'm what ever Fraser has in store for us will be just as good... possibly!

bump bump, a week away. Part of the Tunnels three day extravaganza. Tunnels Ent Soc tuesday, Us Wednesday and Kenetic thursday. What more could you ask for?

let's call it a four day extravaganza and include I Fly Spitfires in with that on Friday night with Miss the Occupier, Attack and Defend, Victorian English Gentlemans Club and Maps. Shitkickingly danceable dj's afterwards till 3am.

:)