aberdeen-music

Biffy Clyro?

MeerKatsChris

Originally posted by missdawn:

btw, your avatar is AMAZING! dawn <3's meerkats!

Cheers. Love them. In all honesty you might as well call it a full on obsession. I even named my bloody band after them for fuck sake. A well they are just cutest possible beasts ever tho.

It still sucks that biffy arent playin here cos I wasn't really big into b4. Now i have the album on repeat all the bloody time. Class band tho. No Question about that.:band:

true that :( poor guys.

fucking LOVE the biffy..those of you who know me know of my near obsessive love for the biffy. i just think they're plain amazing. from the first time i heard them that late night on radio one playing 'hope for an angel', finding out they were playing lava soon after...all the way through to watching them storm through sets at Reading festival and the forum with a crazed crowd behind me. thoroughly nice guys as well. last time they played here was brilliant. brilliant. i really hope they come back to the forum again.

No way that's the pits. Hope they come up soon.

Whats your fav track by biffy. Personally im loving "57" at the moment. For those you who play im sure you'll join me in appreciation for their contemporary jazz like, radiohead-esk use of unorthodox time signatures (3/4, 5/4,) at the opening of that track among others. :band:

Guest phoenix_down

biffy are a great band i'll say. blackened sky is definitly the better of the two albums and the third one is almost finished is it not? gotta love a band that does an album a year...so much more sense then these bands that take like 2 years to do an album. like hell is for heroes..i mean the album was only realeased last year ti seems like its been out for years and now every1 seems to have forgotten about em

If you love the Biffy, then you've got to hear there new song 'There is no such thing as a jaggy snake', it's quite awsome! Heard it on tthere John Peel session in which they also did an obscure version of 'You can go your own way' by Fleetwood Mac!Did anyone else hear it? There new song is quite removed from Blackened Sky but its good how they're not repeating themselves!

wasted space - fugazi and stapleton in your listening to, fucking awesome!!

Yeah i heard the new song and it's awesome, there is not bad part in that song.................. curse them!

The fleetwood mac cover was ace, maybe a little too dischorded, but still awesome stuff.

first time biffy played the forum it was with span and jetplane landing, second time they played it was with jarcew and crackout...wasn't too impressed with crackout to be honest...something about the sound was hurting my ears. jarcew, i thought, were fucking brilliant. the time they played at the lemon tree with eska and oceansize supporting, now THEM were support bands and a half!

Aaaah that explains why I don't remember those supports - something about Biffy gigs seems to make the fates conspire to make me late so I don't catch the warm-up bands. I missed Span and Jarcrew at the Forum and missed both supports at the Lemon Tree thanks to my beloved work. Neevermind they're the sort of hard-touring bands that I'll hopefully catch again :)