aberdeen-music

Johnny Cash - American V

Guest bluesxman

Guest bluesxman

Just thought I'd point out this has been released for anyone unaware and interested. It's great but very sad, all recorded just prior to his passing and you can hear the weakness in his voice at times.

No left field covers such as Rusty Cage or Hurt in this one though.

Recorded not long after June Carter moved on from this mortal coil. Listened in context to this I reckon it'll be a tad emotional... I'm very in touch with my feminine side so I'll be purchasing it along with a bottle of Lambrini, chocolates and some scented candles...

Lambrini? Listening to Johnny Cash with Lambrini? Naw' date=' get yourself some whiskey and settle down in front of a log fire for a night of moping and introspection.[/quote']

Woops... Found myself caught up in a 'girly house wife moment'... Whiskey it is but can I still have the chocy...?

Definitely whittling for me.

Mebbe the most moving song ever' date=' JC doing 'the first time ever I saw your face', thinking of him and June, too much, I'm an auld safty.[/quote']

I love the song!! (especially Peggy Seeger's version...it was written about HER face after all). I'm not usually a Cash fan (too much exposure to him as a child, via parents), but I'll check this out.