aberdeen-music

new underoath album

Dan G

Along with alexisonfire, underoath are the only screamo/emo band that I actually like...

...and with good reason; their new album 'Define the Great Line' is AWESOME.

It sounds to me like they have been listening to far too much Norma Jean and Every Time I Die, which is a very good thing indeed - as 'Define the Great Line' is a far more brutal album than 'chasing safety'. There is no 'wussy-ness' to this one at all.

I've had this on my pc for a while. The opening riff is like something you'd find on a Norma Jean record for sure.

Wow... its pretty ace actually!! *listens to... loud*

Out of interest, have you heard the Protest The Hero album Kezia? I think you might actually like it Dan. Nothing like this, but its fuckin technical. Go find it!

funnily enough dude' date=' i've just been talking to my brother about protest the hero... he loves them!

The stuff I heard I was impressed by, but havn't heard a full album yet.[/quote']

You'll enjoy it man, its really fuckin ace! My mate asked me to pick out the best songs on the album, I couldn't, its really good!

merely pointing out that both of the mentioned bands are not particularly emo and are most certainly not screamo

Enlighten me with your super-accurate sub-genres then, maxi - what would you describe them as so that everyone (except cunts) will understand?