aberdeen-music

John Petrucci guitar lessons!

Hog

"they're all painted by michaelangelo. not the guitar noob, the guy who painted jesus on the ceiling"

"the pickups on all the guitars were handwired by tony blair. i didn't even need to ask twice, he just hand wired them straight away"

"these mese boogies contain vintage 40's. that's right, 40's, made for me by a guy called ghandi"

awesome!

Didn't find them particualrly funny spoofs. It seems fashionable to have a cheap shot at advanced musicians at the moment. He never says he is the best or talks down upon other musicians.

The real DVD seems very helpful. One of the few 'instructional' videos I have watched that actually try to teach the viewer anything rather than just show off.

I haven't watched it all yet but have been trying out the stretching exercises and massages (without guitar), this week and I believe they have really helped. I was a bit skeptical at first. This has been one of my best weeks for practice, ever and I believe I partially owe it to the stretching and massages. Sounds weird but don't diss it until you try it. You need to repeat each stretch a good few times to really reap the benefits.

I prefer Born to shred II as a parody as they are not actually taking the piss out of anyone in particular (or violating any copyright laws).

Rectum

Didn't find them particualrly funny spoofs. It seems fashionable to have a cheap shot at advanced musicians at the moment. He never says he is the best or talks down upon other musicians.

The real DVD seems very helpful. One of the few 'instructional' videos I have watched that actually try to teach the viewer anything rather than just show off.

I haven't watched it all yet but have been trying out the stretching exercises and massages (without guitar)' date=' this week and I believe they have really helped. I was a bit skeptical at first. This has been one of my best weeks for practice, ever and I believe I partially owe it to the stretching and massages. Sounds weird but don't diss it until you try it. You need to repeat each stretch a good few times to really reap the benefits.

I prefer Born to shred II as a parody as they are not actually taking the piss out of anyone in particular (or violating any copyright laws).[/quote']

I can give you the number of a good surgeon who'll remove that pole from your ass :laughing:

It's a giggle :up: Y M & JP are highly-repected musicians and I'm sure no offence was intended. In fact, if I was nearly as good as either of then and someone spoofed me like that, I'd be delighted.

It's kind of an honour - like guesting on The Simpsons or being lampooned on the old Spitting Image proggie.

Apparently "stars" pratically begged to be on those shows - except Fat, Bald, Shite Phil Collins - who tried to sue them (did I mention that he's fat, bald and shite?)

DZL