aberdeen-music

Grays School Of Art Degree Show

was gonna go down tonight but i'm knackered so it'll be later in the week. the photography exhibition went up today at college. just a wee reminder that it is open to the public from wednesday to friday 10 till 9 for the first two days and 10 till 3 on the friday.

i think it's really strong this year(not including my own work) and is maybe even better than last years one. i've landed one of the rubbish spots where you have to be standing in an entrance to look at my first board properly but thems the breaks.

I would go along if I didnt have to be in Grays every day.

One of the pieces looked literally like a load of shit' date=' I hope they sell it to some pretentious sucker and piss up the money.[/quote']

Yeah, I was not impressed with that. Got closer and found it was chocolate o_O

I remember last year there were two fucking amazing portrait arists and this year there was only moderate one.

Favourite thing I saw was the kinda birds eye view scenes made from lots of smaller pictures - can't really explain it but you'll know which one I'm on about.

I remember last year there were two fucking amazing portrait arists and this year there was only moderate one.

Personally I prefer abstract painting' date=' Portraiture is an something each painter must be able to do, one you start with, and i feel that the journey of art school is to push yourself, which means taking a huge departure from those core abilities, but maintaining the technique and skill. Which I feel most of this years painters have done, which i feel I am quite objective in as it is not my own discipline.

Favourite thing I saw was the kinda birds eye view scenes made from lots of smaller pictures - can't really explain it but you'll know which one I'm on about.

Yeah, they're fucking ace.

some very tasty textiles and lights, I liked the flower holders that made the stalks visible and was rather perplexed with the CD players and microphones seemingly acting as speakers, I was going to connect it to the stack of speakers and create a bit of a party atmosphere but thought I may upset someone so went and laughed at the mobile garden centre in the far corner of the room , it's worth venturing upstairs although it was not very clear that anything was happening up there, long climb but worth the hassle, I just wish I had wall space for those boards in the amazing colours

Dinna be hard on yersel Dave, ye gave the Uni folk a run for their money, I really liked yer photos, but my favourite was the one of the deck of cards - I dae prestidigitation stuff with playing cards so it appealed to my sense of humour.

some very tasty textiles and lights' date=' I liked the flower holders that made the stalks visible and was rather perplexed with the CD players and microphones seemingly acting as speakers, I was going to connect it to the stack of speakers and create a bit of a party atmosphere but thought I may upset someone so went and laughed at the mobile garden centre in the far corner of the room , it's worth venturing upstairs although it was not very clear that anything was happening up there, long climb but worth the hassle, I just wish I had wall space for those boards in the amazing colours[/quote']

You could have tried using the elevator Biz. Would have saved you old body a wee bit of excercise.

Dinna be hard on yersel Dave' date=' ye gave the Uni folk a run for their money, I really liked yer photos, but my favourite was the one of the deck of cards - I dae prestidigitation stuff with playing cards so it appealed to my sense of humour.[/quote']

ta min!

yea sandra's deck of cards was really good. she deserved to win the photography section, her works been consistently very good for the whole course.