aberdeen-music

Alamos, Fiction/Action, Paritys Fall, Some Young Pedro.

Danny Doubt

Last night at tunnels (thurs 1st June).

Alamos - yeh liked their stuff had some good songs, harmonies and beats. Decent vocals too. Quite a tight little 3-piece band Alamos, i must admit i was impressed with them!

I would go and see them again AND you should too!

Fiction/Action - i have a biased view here but i still think there one of aberdeen's best outfits none the less! Scarletta is my favourite song i fuckin love the harmony vocals in the chorus sung by drummer dave and little andy corse :D

They played a strong tight set, check them out when you can.

EP coming out soon...i would advise buying it!:up:

www.myspace.com/fictionaction

Some Young Pedro - well all i can really say is FUCKIN LOUD! Their drummer for a geeky kinda looking guy fairly pelts the fuckin shites out of the drums but none the less he still does it pretty well. They were not my cup of tea like but worth checking out anyway. Hear there playing the T-break i think they said...good luck:up:

Paritys Fall - I also hav a biased view because one of the members is one of my best mates! But not gonna stop me ranting on how good they were! he he! Bit of technical probs i.e. matt lead singer having a dodgy gtr lead or 2! LOL!

anyway knew songs 'Endings' went down well along with 'Escape this crash' all in all a pretty tight set from one of the newer bands on the scene.

www.myspace.com/paritysfall

There's a gig coming up in drummonds on the Sunday 11th June where urs truly shall be performing...come listen, heckle, hurl abuse anything you feel like doing!

Danny.

www.myspace.com/dannychristie :up:

Paritys Fall were a good start to the night. Wasn't blown away but they showed potential.

Some Young Pedro were ace. The drummer was loud as fuck and the whole band were great.

Fiction/Action were the best band of the night for me. I really must make more of an effort to see them reguarly. They did't put a foot wrong all through the set. How many pedals does Corse need? He has the world's biggest pedal board!

I liked Alamos, but like Paritys Fall they didn't blow me away.

Good night though, and someone played Teenage Bomb over the PA between the bands so I got a needles fix anyway without going to Snafu.

ha ha...corse hasnt got a big pedal board it just looks big cuz he is standing next to it :up: i'm sure im gonna get an earful for that!

wasnt me that played that i would have been Jenny although i did hear they were playing (The Needles) but i was busy pissing/having fun pissing ppl off with lights :D to go.

yeh fiction/action are really good but they hav been going a fair while now so it shows, daves a fuckin good drummer and his and corse's backing vocals/harmonies i enjoy. Neil (lead singer) has an distinctive voice :up:

We had a great time last night, thanks to all who turned up. Was out first gig in 2months...and with a set consisting almost entirely of new songs it was cool to have a good crowd to hear them:) The other 3 bands were absolutely fantastic.

We shall also be playing drummonds on 11th of June. More info about this show will be provided soon.

Cheers

Steve

Parity's Fall