aberdeen-music

Thin Lizzy or Iron Maiden ? ( Lizzy of course! )

voodoo_chile

Originally posted by voodoo_chile:

Wishbone Ash are just too shite to count as a band in my opinion so i dont value them as starting of harmonized rock, it was Lizzy!!!!

:laughing: You need to get out more. Just because you don't like them doesn't completely invalidate everything they did musically. I'm certainly not Wishbone Ash's biggest fan but that doesn't mean I have the "la la la - I don't like it so it didn't happen" attitude that you seem to have.

Guest Bob Double Jack
Originally posted by scottNP:

he played in Deep Purple before rainbow. hes a fucking awesome guitarist.

his current project is known as Blackmore's Night....i havent heard them yet...

I went on to their website (Blackmore's Night) - fucking hilarious. The man has lost the plot big time. Go and have a look - very funny, great guitarist too.

I prefer Maiden by the way, although Thin Lizzy are quality also.

i think you'll find hes always been a bit "off"...

Now he's going to just be one of those artists where you look back on the older music, like GNR, Metallica, and to an extent, Iron Maiden and Queen. (meaning that some of the new stuff is ace also). But i'll prob buy anything Blackmores Night puts out, to see what the great man has conjured up now....

anyone foresee a Deep Purple/Rainbow reunion tour coming? lol...

Originally posted by Mouse:

It pisses me off how underapreciated Thin Lizzy are (not on here btw, in general)

Oh yeah I totally agree, Gorham and Robertson are totally underrated as guitarists as is Thin Lizzy on the whole. Half the time people are like

"Thin who???"

And yeah I must agree zeppelin do clinch it over Lizzy, but only just.