aberdeen-music

Support your local scene and help make trade fair: 1 poet 5 bands 1.Tunnels, May31st

ETHICALFLYERweb.jpg

Check out:

Green Heaven - local handmade jewellery

Peta - animal rights group

Dissent! - local social/political campaign group

Oxfam and Make Trade Fair campaign

Third World Centre - Aberdeen's fairtrade centre

The Planeteers - eco-warrior superheroes!

Iomega - metal from Montrose

The Turncoats - dirty indie-punk

The Upstarts - thrashy-trumpety-punkety

Filthpact - grindcore

To find out more about all this felafel and view a poem from the legend that is Rapunzel Wizard click here

CHEERS

hey. doors will now be at half 7, not 7. Make sure you get down early before all the free chocolate has gone! the free chocolate seems to be the biggest attraction so far: i am buying it myself so you know, eat something before you come to the gig. or u can always buy some from the 3rd world centre table if you want more! how convenient..

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Managed to "manipulate" the rota at work so I can pop along to this. Looking forward to it, there should be more of this type of thing going on, I hope that it proves a success.

hadn't really decided which charity to give the door money to but, after reading about it the last few days, have now decided to give it to Oxfam's Indonesian Earthquake Emergency Appeal.

hopefully see you there,

cheers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gall/0,,1784449,00.html

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/what_we_do/emergencies/country/indonesia06/index.htm

well the whole idea of the thing is to be an awareness-raising type thing but if we can raise a bit of money then it's good. i think i'l get a raffle book and then if all the bands can donate a cd or record then we can have a one-prize raffle, 1pound entry, and that'd get a bit more. what d'ya think?