aberdeen-music

The Streets

Rob

how good were the streets last night?

amazing!!! one of the best gigs ive seen in aberdeen' date=' mike skinner and leo lion were well up for it last night.

out of interest anyone go to the after party? were those guys actually there?[/quote']

i thought they were great too, i never tire from seeing them live. The review however in the EE is awful. Talks about mikes shouts out to the crowd to wake up etc......he would do that with the maddest of crowds!

We were stood beside leo the lion during sway. He soon took a shoot after some neds caught site of him.

I wasnt at the aftershow party but have been at another streets after show party and they appeared there so wouldnt be surprised if they were in snafu

Yeh was an excellent concert, and they did turn up to Snafu - the whole lot - Streets, Professor Green etc blah .

Place was pretty rammed.

Still trying to figure out how 7 is half of 12 (as it was supposed to be half price with your Streets ticket), but hey Cassius was well worth the extra quid :-) :up:

I heard the streets did some awesome covers?

Pussycat Dolls or something?

(My friend can't actually remember the gig...)

Yeah, they were awesome, about the 3rd song in Skinner did a suprisingly good rendition of Arctic Monkeys "Bet you look shit on the dancefloor" while claiming that he was no Craig David

Then later his mate (can never remember his name) did "Don'tcha wish you're boyfriend was hot like me" which was almost as good

One of the best gigs i've been to in a while, was really surprised thot it'd only be alright, but was atcually excellent

Yeah' date=' they were awesome, about the 3rd song in Skinner did a suprisingly good rendition of Arctic Monkeys "Bet you look shit on the dancefloor" while claiming that he was no Craig David

Then later his mate (can never remember his name) did "Don'tcha wish you're boyfriend was hot like me" which was almost as good

One of the best gigs i've been to in a while, was really surprised thot it'd only be alright, but was atcually excellent[/quote']

it was more the odd line of a song here and there than an actual cover.

I dont wnt your body...i dont want your body baby!

The friend is Leo the Lion!!!!

Guest bluesxman

I was seriously disappointed and underwhelmed by The Streets at TITP last year, was really looking forward to them as well. Way too much banter to the crowd rather than actually performing a decent rendition of the songs. Sounds like this may have been the same scenario so glad I gave it a bodyswerve.

I was seriously disappointed and underwhelmed by The Streets at TITP last year' date=' was really looking forward to them as well. Way too much banter to the crowd rather than actually performing a decent rendition of the songs. Sounds like this may have been the same scenario so glad I gave it a bodyswerve.[/quote']

only if you beleive the EE

It was was better than most people expected (including me whos seen em loads of times)

I sensed Mr Skinner tolerated the crowd rather than played to it too....