aberdeen-music

molia falls moved to the tunnels 12th may

just to clarify for anyone who actually cares...

www.myspace.com/moliafalls

swedish post rock/emo/pop band molia falls are playing in aberdeen on friday may 12th, and is no longer in the blue lamp and will be in THE TUNNELS. support comes form aberdeens SMALL ENCLOSED AREA (only show this year in aberdeen apparently) and dundee's THE FALL OF BOSS KOALA. another excellent band will be added to this already blossoming line up

wee bit about each band for you...

molia falls are from sweden, played and toured with the likes of LOGH, JENIFEREVER and EF (who played aberdeen to an amazing response last september). they are for fans of TRISTEZA, THE APPLESEED CAST, EXPLOSIONS IN THE SKY, THE MERCURY PROGRAM, PELICAN etc they have toured the uk a few times before and have won many fans with tracks like GODALMING, A FRANCIS SLIPWAY and SUBURBIA all found on http://www.myspace.com/moliafalls

arkade favs THE FALL OF BOSS KOALA have also been added to the line up, after a lot of begging :p on a more serious note, this is a band who have seriously upped the ante in the last year or so and have firmly planted themselves as one of the best that scotland has to offer. having played some awesome support slots to the likes of 27(hydrahead) massive epic songs delivered with total conviction. those who witnessed recent gigs at The east neuk and Drummonds with Knives will probably agree with me. anyways, if ENVY, ISIS, PELICAN, OCEANSIZE, HOPESFALL, CIRCLE TAKES THE SQUARE are your thing go check out the mp3s at http://www.myspace.com/thefallofbosskoala you will not be dissapointed

SMALL ENCLOSED AREA will eb the main local support. rarely seen in aberdeen these days, SEA have just returned from a two week uk tour, where they have been wowing audiences up and down the country, with some great reviews to boot. Another band who have re-invented their sound in recent times, these days sounding like a hybrid of PELICAN, MOGWAI, A PERFECT CIRCLE. I have in my hands a recent live-in one take demo from unity studios in inverness which knocks spots off of most bands recording attempts. http://www.myspace.com/smallenclosedarea

one more excellent act will also be added to the line up

FRIDAY 12TH MAY, THE TUNNELS, DOORS AT 8ish and door tax is tbc

aye right...ive got eastfield' date=' the planeteers, the upstarts, constant fear and the try hards at tunnels that night...[/quote']

Plus, TFOBK are playing for me on the 17th at The Tunnels, so this had better not be true.

Also, it says on their MySpace they're playing in Dundee that night!!

As will most fans of post-rock I'd imagine.

I'll hopefully catch the start of this gig but a bit gutted I'll miss Molia Falls.

I'll try to make it up to you by playing them loud from the sitting room just now, followed by shouts of "Yassssss", and "Tuuuuuunnee", it'll be just like you are there.

You are also hearing the lovely sounds of the unconfirmed other support act- i dearly hope they are playing!! shh.... cant say who they are

Cant wait.

**update**

this is turning out to be a belter of a gig....now confirmed are EYE of dundee. so...

MOLIA FALLS www.myspace.com/moliafalls

SMALL ENCLOSED AREA www.myspace.com/smallenclosedarea

THE FALL OF BOSS KOALA www.myspace.com/thefallofbosskoala

EYE www.myspace.com/eyemakemusic

and one more still to be 100% confirmed i think so i'll hang fire for now on that...

FRI MAY 12TH

THE TUNNELS

8PM

5 POUNDS

meanwhile on the 2nd stage, for no additional cost, you can catch:

Eastfield: Birminghams urban railpunks www.eastfieldrailpunk.co.uk

The Upstarts: Dirty, thrashy ska punk www.myspace.com/theeupstarts

The Planeteers: Retarded punk from jerks who think they are superheroes www.myspace.com/planeteers

+ poetry from the RAPUNZEL WIZARD

hopefully this will get a lot of new faces at Arkade gigs and a lot of people there to see Moila Falls etc will come through to check out what's on in the other room.

ok

total nightmare, but...

the fall of boss koala will no longer be playign at this show, bassist burny has left the band.

eye are also no longer playign at this show due to a new job.

AVAST! from dundee, who feature 2 members of stapleton and write the best songs ever, have been added to the bill. go check out the *amazing* JUNIPER GREEN at www.myspace.com/avastuk

im sure you will agree that they are a superb addition to the line up

we will also be adding another band from outta town to the bill

more tbc asap

ok

total nightmare' date=' but...

the fall of boss koala will no longer be playign at this show, bassist burny has left the band.

eye are also no longer playign at this show due to a new job.

[b']AVAST! from dundee, who feature 2 members of stapleton and write the best songs ever, have been added to the bill. go check out the *amazing* JUNIPER GREEN at www.myspace.com/avastuk

im sure you will agree that they are a superb addition to the line up

we will also be adding another band from outta town to the bill

more tbc asap

Damn, just realised maybe i shouldnt have used ure flyer on there! If u do an update give me a shout..

Cheers

Steve