aberdeen-music

Boss tuner pedals?

black_matter

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're on the internet ffs.

i'm also at work and shouldn't be on the internet so i'm only popping on here every so often. But its cool dont worry ill look for it myself in my own time i just thought seeing as this is a music forum someone might be able to help me, but no doubt someone has to have a fucking gripe about something these days.

How much would a boss tuning pedal cost? i was wanting to buy one of the pedals that tunes your guitar on stage without letting the audience hear etc so i reckon it would be a bit more than normal. How cheap do you reckon i could get one?

Buy an A/B splitter box and save a fortune by using a regular tuner.

they're pretty fucking expensive and effects pedals are one thing which you can never seem to find cheap, specially these things. i wanted one for my pedalboard but you're looking at £60odd and i have a tuner that works perfectly well anyway, so it seems like a waste of cash.

/x

i'm also at work and shouldn't be on the internet so i'm only popping on here every so often. But its cool dont worry ill look for it myself in my own time i just thought seeing as this is a music forum someone might be able to help me' date=' but no doubt someone has to have a fucking gripe about something these days.[/quote']

It took me less time to do a quick search and get the ballpark figure of 55 than it took you to write that reply, probably.

And G, most tuners aren't easy to read from 6 feet away on a dark stage.

I lve this bit "Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER " bollocks' date=' conceived and designed by Boss, put together using chewing gum and leccy tape by Behringer more like.[/quote']

Conceived and designed by Uri whilst studying the PCB boards of the competitors, manufactured by Slave Labour in China.

(funny rumour about some early Behringer PCB's have the Mackie logo etched onto them as they had just photocopied a discarded mackie pcb diagram!)

I am a bit of a fan of dodgy cheap German fake stuff like Behringer and Lidl's.....suits my budget :)

Guest lime ruined my life

An A/B box would do the job but as mentioned, normal tuners are hard to read unless they use coloured leds. Another idea worth mentioning is a volume pedal, these have tuner outs and switches the signal to a seperate tuner output when the volume is all the way down, same sort of idea but you get a volume pedal aswell.

The boss tu-2 can also be used as a power supply for boss pedals, i'd imagine that the berringher model doesn't have this feature (you don't need it anyway, the power it supplies is really noisey!) and uses cheaper components. The switch is a boss style switch which should be pretty sturdy, only way to find out is reviews. I might buy myself one of these anyway, if its crap i can re-house it in a sturdier box.

Conceived and designed by Uri whilst studying the PCB boards of the competitors' date=' manufactured by Slave Labour in China.

(funny rumour about some early Behringer PCB's have the Mackie logo etched onto them as they had just photocopied a discarded mackie pcb diagram!)

I am a bit of a fan of dodgy cheap German fake stuff like Behringer and Lidl's.....suits my budget :)[/quote']

It's not too uncommon to find this sort of thing, pcb designs are sold or factories are taken over by other companies, i'd seriously doubt it was just photocopied. I know someone who got an email from dunlop for selling a single mxr micro-amp clone telling them to stop or be taken to court. I doubt if a large company like beringher would get away with it without a lawsuit.

It says that on the tuner' date=' just that they spell bollocks build quality Behringer.

I'd wear your softest slippers if you ever want to use the footswitch.[/quote']

Oh dear, I'v just bough a behringer practise amp, it should be waiting at home for me today.

Oh well I might as well go the whole hog and get this too. If it does break its not the end of the world and I anit going to be using it in a live situation any time soon

The Boss TU-2 retails for 69.

You can find it for sale for cheaper than that - just look around.

:up:

even second hand the tu-2 will cost about double the behringer new.

It's not too uncommon to find this sort of thing' date=' pcb designs are sold or factories are taken over by other companies, i'd seriously doubt it was just photocopied. I know someone who got an email from dunlop for selling a single mxr micro-amp clone telling them to stop or be taken to court. I doubt if a large company like beringher would get away with it without a lawsuit.[/quote']

Supposedly Drawmer took them to court, or threatened to, over their use of their opto-compressor circuits, which is why the composer, which is an alright piece of kit, gave way to the composer PRO (that's a laugh), which is a shit bit of kit.

I bet their R+D deprtment is one bloke with a screwdriver.

interesting!! where might i get such a device for cheap? maplin?

/x

Most guitar shops will sell them, dont be tempted into buying an expensive active one, the cheapo ones will do the job, and as for seeing the tuner, most decent tuners you can see ok, or tape it to a monitor or on top of your amp....simple!