aberdeen-music

"The Great Aberdonian Fuckwit"..........

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

.........is the title of the new Spike Pile Driver CDr, a split this time with Croatia's Diabolic Emo Destroyer, who absolutely fucking kill. Think old-school AC, 7MON, Deche-charge and you're about there. They do 2 5-6 minute sessions, we have 11 songs in 5-6 minutes. A relatively short release, so we'll call it 2 quid. I should have copies to take to the Bolz'n gig on Saturday if anyone would like a copy.

This post is for information only.

.........is the title of the new Spike Pile Driver CDr' date=' a split this time with Croatia's Diabolic Emo Destroyer, who absolutely fucking kill. Think old-school AC, 7MON, Deche-charge and you're about there. They do 2 5-6 minute sessions, we have 11 songs in 5-6 minutes. A relatively short release, so we'll call it 2 quid. I should have copies to take to the Bolz'n gig on Saturday if anyone would like a copy.

This post is for information only.[/quote']

Eh.. I'm confused, do you mean you have a CD with 11 tracks that are aprox 30 seconds a piece? o_O

Andy

Guest Phantomsmasher
Eh.. I'm confused' date=' do you mean you have a CD with 11 tracks that are aprox 30 seconds a piece? o_O

Andy[/quote']

This should explain all (in basic cut n paste form.)

Grindcore: Grindcore fuses heavily speeded up hardcore punk with varying amounts of influence from other genres such as extreme metal and jazz to create a very fast and violent form of music. Lyrics are sometimes delivered in a style that is totally indecipherable, being little more than a series of grunts or squeals, that can only be understood with the aid of a lyrics sheet. Songs are often very short, with tracks under a minute in length not uncommon. Napalm Death is the most well-known band within this genre and is often credited as its originator, but this distinction may fall to bands like Repulsion and DRI. The most critically acclaimed on the other hand are probably Pig Destroyer, though genre elitists debate on whether they fall under grindcore's umbrella.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Eh.. I'm confused' date=' do you mean you have a CD with 11 tracks that are aprox 30 seconds a piece? o_O

Andy[/quote']

That's about right. Our 11 songs have a total running time of 5 and a half minutes. DED do literally hundreds of even shorter blasts in 2 sessions.