aberdeen-music

Scream Bloody Core - My Minds Weapon April UK tour 2006!

bladeola

Enjoy!

5th drummonds, aberdeen w/ flood of red + we shall be blessed

7th the minerva, southend w/ by my hands

8th the varsity, wolverhampton w/ enter shikari + flood of red

9th clwb ifor bach, cardiff w/ enter shikari, flood of red + the blackout

11th cabaret voltaire, edinburgh w/ twin zero

12th tunnels, aberdeen w/ twin zero

13th nice and sleazy's, glasgow w/ twin zero

14th lanterns, folkestone w/ enter shikari, flood of red, proceed, rise with the fallen + tubahead

15th student union, luton uni w/ fall of boss koala + meet me in st louis

16th labour club, cambridge w/ enter shikari + flood of red

23rd The Cathouse, glasgow w/ enter shikari + flood of red

"9th clwb ifor bach, cardiff w/ enter shikari, flood of red + the blackout"

The Lorelei played there in 1995 - be afraid - possibly one of the most bizarre gigs ever - we were supported by a variety of "interesting" local acts, including:

A bizarre older woman who had a very nice singsong welsh accent, but who did John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" in a voice akin to that of beelzebub

A bizarre gentleman dressed in 1970's velvet, who did a cover of the "I'm a big kid now" pampers advert

A bitter scottish bloke, who had a song about getting busted and jailed for dope, addressed to the judge, entitled "You're just a wiggy bastard"

The promoter also let us stay in his house, and it was one of the dustiest/dirtiest houses I've ever been in.

Also, be warned - Clwb Ifor Bach is the name of the night NOT the name of the venue - we spent ages driving around the centre of Cardiff trying to find it.

On the plus side, Cardiff city centre does do a nice line in martial arts/tatto shops....

Regards

Flossie

"9th clwb ifor bach' date=' cardiff w/ enter shikari, flood of red + the blackout"

The Lorelei played there in 1995 - be afraid - possibly one of the most bizarre gigs ever - we were supported by a variety of "interesting" local acts, including:

A bizarre older woman who had a very nice singsong welsh accent, but who did John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" in a voice akin to that of beelzebub

A bizarre gentleman dressed in 1970's velvet, who did a cover of the "I'm a big kid now" pampers advert

A bitter scottish bloke, who had a song about getting busted and jailed for dope, addressed to the judge, entitled "You're just a wiggy bastard"

The promoter also let us stay in his house, and it was one of the dustiest/dirtiest houses I've ever been in.

Also, be warned - Clwb Ifor Bach is the name of the night NOT the name of the venue - we spent ages driving around the centre of Cardiff trying to find it.

On the plus side, Cardiff city centre does do a nice line in martial arts/tatto shops....

Regards

Flossie[/quote']

I think it must've been a different place..

That all sounds hella interesting though, it'd be a right laugh. We once played at Rockers in Glasgow and were supported by a drunk guy doing acoustic Libertines covers..

We played Ifor Bach back in September, it has the worst load-in ever. like 6 flights of huge stairs..

I think it must've been a different place..

That all sounds hella interesting though' date=' it'd be a right laugh. We once played at Rockers in Glasgow and were supported by a drunk guy doing acoustic Libertines covers..

We played Ifor Bach back in September, it has the worst load-in ever. like 6 flights of huge stairs..[/quote']

Last nite of the tour that was...japes quest!!

the labour club in cambridge? blimey thats one of the first places i ever had a pint, i remember me and my mates all joining as 13 year olds pretending to be 18! still its a gig in delboy's home 'patch' but like what flossie said about cardiff, i'd be very wary of doing a gig there, though i havent been there in a long long time but it doesnt usually put on new bands just dodgy cover outfits and even dodgier DJ's!! i took a drive past when i was in the city in january and it hadnt changed from the outside, cant imagine they've bothered giving it a lick of paint!!! should be an interesting one! thats assuming its the labour club on mill road, bit out of touch with me home city these days!!!! good luck with the tour anyways

Enjoy!

5th drummonds' date=' aberdeen w/ flood of red + we shall be blessed

7th the minerva, southend w/ by my hands

8th the varsity, wolverhampton w/ enter shikari + flood of red

9th clwb ifor bach, cardiff w/ enter shikari, flood of red + the blackout

11th nice and sleazy's, glasgow w/ twin zero

12th tunnels, aberdeen w/ twin zero

13th cabaret voltaire, edinburgh w/ twin zero

14th lanterns, folkestone w/ enter shikari, flood of red, proceed, rise with the fallen + tubahead

15th student union, luton uni w/ fall of boss koala + meet me in st louis

16th labour club, cambridge w/ enter shikari + flood of red

23rd The Cathouse, glasgow w/ enter shikari + flood of red[/quote']

I have sooooooo many horror stories of welsh gigs, I'll save them for after you've done the Cardiff gig.

Best of luck with the tour and I'll try and make one of the Aberdeen shows.

G...