aberdeen-music

Phil Collins Update

french_disko

Guest bluesxman

Damn, thought this was going to say his absence in the past while has been down to his taking part in experimental surgery to turn him into someone who makes good music rather than the annoying little turd we all know and mostly don't love. Oh well.

Guest DustyDeviada

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to wheel out my "10 Reasons to Hate Phil Collins" list again:

1. Playing both Live Aids and feeling very pleased with himself about it.

2. Playing all the instruments on the "Both Sides" album just to show off (even though he can't play guitar and his keyboard/guitar simulations were awful).

3. Miami Vice

4. "Discovering" world music about 15 years after Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel, and releasing a Graceland knock-off. On the plus side, that seemed to kill off his career, record sales wise, so it wasn't all bad.

5. Yes, we know you played the Artful Dodger in Oliver. Stop going on about it at every available opportunity in an attempt to paint yourself as a loveable, cocney, cheeky-chappie. Beacuse you're not.

6. Tarzan, although it did lead to the hilarous post-awards reaction from South Park's Trey Parker & Matt Stone ("I can't believe we lost to Phil Collins") and subsequent ridicule in South Park

7. Dumping his wife by fax and shagging his nanny

8. He, along with his Genesis co-horts (Gabriel excluded) bought a sizeable section of Mull. They allowed the planting of thousands of non indigenous pine trees that managed to turn the land into an acidy swamp that nothing could live off.

9. The lyrics to Another Day in Paradise

10. Buster

PS Did he dump his latest wife by fax as well?

Sounds like an excellent opportunity to wheel out my "10 Reasons to Hate Phil Collins" list again:

1. Playing both Live Aids and feeling very pleased with himself about it.

2. Playing all the instruments on the "Both Sides" album just to show off (even though he can't play guitar and his keyboard/guitar simulations were awful).

3. Miami Vice

4. "Discovering" world music about 15 years after Paul Simon and Peter Gabriel' date=' and releasing a Graceland knock-off. On the plus side, that seemed to kill off his career, record sales wise, so it wasn't all bad.

5. Yes, we know you played the Artful Dodger in Oliver. Stop going on about it at every available opportunity in an attempt to paint yourself as a loveable, cocney, cheeky-chappie. Beacuse you're not.

6. Tarzan, although it did lead to the hilarous post-awards reaction from South Park's Trey Parker & Matt Stone ("I can't believe we lost to Phil Collins") and subsequent ridicule in South Park

7. Dumping his wife by fax and shagging his nanny

8. He, along with his Genesis co-horts (Gabriel excluded) bought a sizeable section of Mull. They allowed the planting of thousands of non indigenous pine trees that managed to turn the land into an acidy swamp that nothing could live off.

9. The lyrics to Another Day in Paradise

10. Buster

PS Did he dump his latest wife by fax as well?[/quote']

Yawn. 7 and 8 are untrue. The fax story was invented by the Sun, it was Chris de Burgh who shagged his nanny, and he has no associartions with Mull, that's a different bandmember.

Guest DustyDeviada
Yawn. 7 and 8 are untrue. The fax story was invented by the Sun' date=' it was Chris de Burgh who shagged his nanny, and he has no associartions with Mull, that's a different bandmember.[/quote']

As I replied to you last time you disputed the mighty list, this guys thinks Collins did indeed buy a chunk of Mull and I believe him.

http://bubl.ac.uk/org/tacit/tac/tac33/andtheyc.htm

Just because Chris de Burgh shagged his nanny (or more accurately his child's), doesn't mean Phil didn't. Jude Law shagged his nanny as well but it doesn't mean I'm getting him mixed up with Phil Collins.

Yawn. 7 and 8 are untrue. The fax story was invented by the Sun' date=' it was Chris de Burgh who shagged his nanny, and he has no associartions with Mull, that's a different bandmember.[/quote']

Wow! Chris de Burgh shagged Phil Collin's nanny? - superb :up:

Collins - aye, the fat, baldy, tank-top wearing wee spunkstain is definitely a complete vagina. How could soemone who played drums in an influential, major prog-rock band end up covering "You Can't Hurry Love" (complete with embarassing video) and writing soapy-tit-wank love songs?

Speaking of that other wee dripping minge, Chris de Burgh, does anyone remember the gawdawful "talent" show where one guy won it as de Burgh and when they did a duet, the looky-likely was a far better singer than the man he was copying?

What a kick up the erse that must have been :up:

DZL

"Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. After that?...who gives a f***! he's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"

Oh' date=' and Collins admits the fax business here, so not quite as made up as marillionboy would have you believe. ;)

[url']http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2003/01/12/PK170067.DTL

It's also not that accurate either to quote:

"How could someone do that? I couldn't. I did not do that. "

I believe the story wasthat he had told her before that he wanted a divorce and she had agreed, she then refused to take any calls or see him, hanging up etc, so he faxed her to tell he was starting divorce proceedings after trying to contact her for about 3 months.

And if you're trusting that article you have to delete the nanny post as he says: "We don't have a nanny."

:p

Cheers

Stuart

"How could someone do that? I couldn't. I did not do that. "

I believe the story wasthat he had told her before that he wanted a divorce and she had agreed' date=' she then refused to take any calls or see him, hanging up etc, so he faxed her to tell he was starting divorce proceedings after trying to contact her for about 3 months.

And if you're trusting that article you have to delete the nanny post as he says: "We don't have a nanny."

:p

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Anyway who really cares about his boring divorce who he may or may be popping???

He's a repugnant, wee, money-grubbing corporate sell-out who hasn't been reponsible for any worthwhile musical input/project for 25 years :puke:

i've been hating phil collins rather passionately since 1981 though he can drum a fair bit i'll give him that.

gabriel has to take some of the blame for quitting genesis, the only reason collins took over on lead vocals is cos no-one they tried out in the auditions was up for the job.

'paperlate' remains a top tune mind

there's a few people on here that seem to be up Phil Collins' ass.......

Not at all I just hate tabloids and the people who believe everything they read in them. There are people more worthy of hatred than a pop star from years ago who could certainly drum. I didn't realise getting diovorced made someone a wanker.

I think delboy hits the nail on the head.

Not at all I just hate tabloids and the people who believe everything they read in them. There are people more worthy of hatred than a pop star from years ago who could certainly drum. I didn't realise getting diovorced made someone a wanker.

I think delboy hits the nail on the head.

Divorcing someone doesn't make him a wanker. Being Phil Collins makes him a wanker.

Guest DustyDeviada

I believe the story wasthat he had told her before that he wanted a divorce and she had agreed' date=' she then refused to take any calls or see him, hanging up etc, so he faxed her to tell he was starting divorce proceedings after trying to contact her for about 3 months.

[/quote']

So he DID fax her to tell her he was divorcing her then, cheers for clearing that up for us.

And never let it be said that I'm not big enough to admit when I'm wrong. Fair enough, it wasn't then nanny he was shagging.

It was his child's interpreter. ;)

Is everyone happy now?

PS If you are arguing that 7 & 8 on the list aren't true, does that mean that you accept all the others?