aberdeen-music

Planet Earth

framheim

it's indeed an amazing programme, but one thing is missing, Mr Attenborough interacting with the animals, it's a sad sign he's getting too old to globe trot and do the presenting, so he just does voice over now...

I think it'd be helpful for scale sometimes, especially that 2 meter long salamander...

I've only seen the second epsiode so far but I have last nights taped so I can watch it soon. It is an extremely interesting and very well produced piece of television. If the only the BBC produced a few more programmes of this quality it would be unlikely they would have as many critics as they do.

Best bit so far for me was the super slow mo of the great white shark attacking the seal in the opening programme....I am never going swimming in the sea ever again.

and the slo mo of the wilderbeast getting shnaffled by the crocks last night.

absolutly amazing...

• 2 weeks later...

After i sent an email asking why the series had stopped half way through i received this reply from one of the producers this morning:

Dear David,

Thanks very much for your feedback - delighted to hear you have been

enjoying the series.

The simple answer as to why the series is split in two is that we have

yet to finish the second half! Filming has now more or less come to an

end (give or take a handful of shoots) but we still have to do all the

editing and other post production work on them. The good news is that we

are all very hopeful that they will be as watchable as the first run.

Hope you agree.

Best wishes

Huw

Nice to see important people such as this taking the time out of their day to reply. Shame it's not finished but i guess animals don't work to schedules.

Nice to see important people such as this taking the time out of their day to reply. Shame it's not finished but i guess animals don't work to schedules.

They're also intending to broadcast the Autum part of the series in HD Tv.

Anyone else heard Sigur Ros played loads on Radio 1 since they used the song on Planet Earth?