aberdeen-music

Underflow Presents Viva Stero, :(, Sabrepulse, Cyklics, SFTCH. April 5th @Tunnels

For One Night Only, Underflow goes Electro!

VIVA STEREO

Viva Stereo were born in Glasgow Summer 2001, their aim was to try and create a new sound from themselves but still stick to what they knew best. Their debut gig at Glasgow’s Nice and Sleazy’s in February 2002 was a sell-out, which set things up nicely considering the band hadn’t played live to anyone up until that point. From then on several EP’s followed, each of which gaining favourable reviews and airplay(including The Evening Session and XFM, where they were unsigned band of the week)

Viva Stereo’s debut album was released in October 2004. It featured contributions from Malcolm Middleton(Arab Strap), Paul Tierney(Odeon Beat Club), Stacey Seivnwright(Reindeer Section), King Creosote and Pictish Trail(Fence Records)Viva Stereo's second album 'Patterns of Behaviour' was released in October 2005. Featuring contributions from Tara Mascara fromLanaguage of Flowers, and Pictish Trail/Candythief from Fence Records.

“…their vertiginous jams are bolstered with cosmic loops and samples, space-walking in similar orbits as Death In Vegas and Primal Scream with all the adrenalised assurance of a band who've suddenly discovered their forte” The Metro.

www.vivastereo.co.uk

www.myspace.com/vivastereo

: (

If you haven't heard of ColonOpenbracket, then where have you been? These four are set for huge things with shows in London, Radio 1 airplay and reviews in the NME. Think Postal Service crossed with My Bloody Valentine inserted into your NES with a codemasters adapter then pumped through a PA.

www.colonopenbracket.com

www.myspace.com/colonopenbracket

Sabrepulse

Sabrepulse is a 20 year-old yorkshire-bred laptop/chip musician currently based in Aberdeen, Scotland. He works with a mix of styles; primarily centering his efforts on a genre recently coined 'chipbreak' - sounding somewhat like a fusion between chip/jungle/breakcore/dnb and hardcore - Sabrepulse has also dipped his toe into crumply, glitchy idm and breakbeat.

Cyklics

Cyklics were formed out of the ashes of a funk rock band, with the members concentrating on their more electronic influences. With a laid back sound and influences such as air, Boards of Canada, and Radiohead.

Smile for the Cameraman, Honey

Smile for the Cameraman Honey is John Baillie Jnr

> I MAKE TRANSCENDENT SINECORE, MASHUP, BREAKBEAT, POLYNESIAN POP, GLITCH, MICROWAVE SOUNDS UNDER THE GUISE OF A HUMAN BEHIND A COMPUTER < I will play a 25minute Snips! live set over the phone for 10 regal kingsize

Wednesday April 5th

The Tunnels,

Carnegie's Brae,

Aberdeen

£4/3 on the door.

Doors, 7:30

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Callum, Underflow

Only a week to go before Viva Stereo!!

I can't wait. If you think you recognise the name but not sure why, they've played Drummonds a couple of times (once with AKA the Fox) and they always go down well. They've even had M. Middleton and King Creosote, supporting them before in Glasgow for their Album Launch.

:cheers:

I cant decide' date=' all of this electronica in 1 night could kill me...but i dont have to work anymore, so maybe.[/quote']

Ah, go on! If it gets too much, you can just go and laugh at Calum from Underflow's beard!

Not that I'll be there, cos it's my one night off this week and I need a bit of a Tunnels reprieve!

Will probably be found falling over somewhere @ Flying Circus

Guest Callum, Underflow
Ah' date=' go on! If it gets too much, you can just go and laugh at Calum from Underflow's beard!

[/quote']

As glad as I am that it provides another attraction to our night, whats wrong with my beard??(

Visual Dave from R'n'B Music will also be putting on a magical backdrop display, if you want something more interesting than my beard to look at.:up:

aye I'm sure you can.

If anyone come down be sure to say hello. I'll be the one looking miserable' date=' hungover and scowling at everyone.[/quote']

Cheer up, ducky!

If it makes you feel any better I have a stonking hangover too.

Also, remind me never to give you tequila again (and to save it all for myself)!