aberdeen-music

Underflow Presents Viva Stero, :(, Sabrepulse, Cyklics, SFTCH. April 5th @Tunnels

: ( shall be on about ten fifteen-ish as far as I can tell.

You gave me tequila? Maybe that explains why I was sick. Cheers for looking after me' date=' tried to call and thank you but couldnt get through.[/quote']

It's cool lil' bro! Tequila always seems like a good idea to me, but obviously a cup of tea might have been better

sabrepulse and sftch were both no-shows... sftch's laptop got fooked so i suppose thats a reasonable excuse... fraser and calum still don't know why sabrepulse didnt show up, no contact made with them, or the folk ment to be giving them a lift...

on a brighter note: : ( sounded fucking awesome! absolutley amazing sound.

'visual dave' < what a legend... absolutley amazing and slightly trippy and even funny at times. i think i may speak to him about using the mighty duck cartoon to do some stuff at one of our gigs..?! had to leave before the last act :down: once i get them uploaded i have some (hopefully) good photos

x

(Photos to follow... sorry if they are a bit shit, wasn't my camera so i had no idea how to adjust settings ect :down:)

sabrepulse and sftch were both no-shows... sftch's laptop got fooked so i suppose thats a reasonable excuse... fraser and calum still don't know why sabrepulse didnt show up' date=' no contact made with them, or the folk ment to be giving them a lift...

on a brighter note: : ( sounded fucking awesome! absolutley amazing sound.

'visual dave' < what a legend... absolutley amazing and slightly trippy and even funny at times. i think i may speak to him about using the mighty duck cartoon to do some stuff at one of our gigs..?! had to leave before the last act :down: once i get them uploaded i have some (hopefully) good photos

x

(Photos to follow... sorry if they are a bit shit, wasn't my camera so i had no idea how to adjust settings ect :down:)

Yeah, just what Ross said, still really good night. Guest DJ was good, Cyklics played a blinding first gig, Colon Open-Bracket were really good, first time I've seen them live. Visual Dave had me in awe. The bit with the dancing poodles was shit hot, Viva Stereo were amazing, just a shame they went on after the last bus. Last saw them wandering off in search of a tittie bar.

Aberdeen needs more gigs like this. I had a fucking ace time, and would have been a very different atmosphere to normal gigs had it not been for the many emo fags that showed up for : ( and then fucked off afterwards.

Cyklics were fucking awesome last night. Fantastic debut and some very nice tunes. Pity about the crowd not shutting the fuck up during their entire set, but I seemed to divert away from it if I closed my eyes or focused on the visualizations.

Colonopenbracket seemed in top form in the performing aspect, but the sound was rubbish! Last time I saw them I was standing at the back for most of the set, and the sound was shit (all I could hear was drums and vocals), so I went to the front to see if it made a difference and I could hear the laptop samples really well.

So at this gig, I assumed that it would be the same situation, but it was just plain crap no matter where you stood! I left after about 6 songs into their set.

Went to Slain's for a while and bumped into even more emo fags coming out of the Flood of Red gig at Drummonds, had a few drinks and then shot back to Tunnels to see Viva Stereo.

Who told me that they were on at 11? :p I missed most of their set because of that!

I really enjoyed Viva Stereo. They had an immense wall of sound and an experimental rhythmic push which reminded me slightly of some of Mew's songs. Pity I didn't have enough money to buy their album, but I certainly hope they come back to Aberdeen.

Calum at the door was a very nice gentleman indeed! After discovering the tragic news that Sabrepulse and Smile for the Cameraman, Honey weren't playing, he gladly offered us a refund if it was going to change our minds about staying at the gig. Of course, I didn't come to see one band and then fuck off (like most of the people that were at the gig unfortunately), but it was a nice gesture anyway.

An excellent gig Underflow. You should be proud. You HAVE to get another gig like this on the go soon.

An excellent gig Underflow. You should be proud. You HAVE to get another gig like this on the go soon.

Its already in the pipeline, things are being downloaded and plugged in. We'll let you know the details as soon as we do so ourselves.

Viva Stereo's set took me by surprise as well. Expected them to be on at eleven but they went on a wee bit earlier to try and entice people who were thinking about leaving to stay.