aberdeen-music

Funk Rock Guitarist Seekin Band

Preid

Most of the greatest bands only had 1 guitarist.

If it can work for them (rhcp' date=' acdc, [b']floyd) it'll work for me.

My work here is done

floyd gig with 2 guitarists, be it steve renwick, snowy white etc etc.... not to mention dave does a lot of dual and triple gtr track recordings....

floyd gig with 2 guitarists' date=' be it steve renwick, snowy white etc etc.... not to mention dave does a lot of dual and triple gtr track recordings....[/quote']

snowy white... that name rings a bell, was that the other guitarist in thin lizzy?

I might be getting wires crossed over here, i remember hearing blue guitar or something by him. Wasnt bad, has nothing on moore though.

Screw you lol, 1 guitarist is all thats needed.

Zz top, look at them!

Guest DustyDeviada

Snowy White had a hit with the cheesy 80s MOR "classic" Bird of Paradise.

But he can play a bit, he plays a 57 Les Paul. He played with the Floyd around the time of The Wall and with Roger Waters solo later.

I don't want to get into the 2 guitars vs 1 argument, as has been pointed out already there are loads of acts who sounded great with one guitar, SRV, Led Zeppelin, erm... The Police.

But with AC/DC and Floyd removed from your original list I guess that only leaves RHCP.

I don't want to get into the 2 guitars vs 1 argument' date=' as has been pointed out already there are loads of acts who sounded great with one guitar, SRV, Led Zeppelin, erm... The Police.[/quote']

Finally someone on my side

exactly' date=' its a time-proven fact my man! If you want to strum and strum and strum (i.e skater punk) then you only need a 3 piece band. However, if you want to rip it up and play some mad solos then you need two guitarists, simple as that![/quote']

so what about all the power trios and one guitar bands from throught history .... Hendrix, Cream, Gallagher, Free, etc etc etc....they didnt want for solo's.

Snowy White had a hit with the cheesy 80s MOR "classic" Bird of Paradise.

But he can play a bit' date=' he plays a 57 Les Paul. He played with the Floyd around the time of The Wall and with Roger Waters solo later.

[/quote']

snowy plays a 57 gold top (usually) and is a very underrated blues blues guitarist... his first album was originally quite bluesy, a little jazzy and a little rough...after his '80's bird of paradise single his first album was remixed into quite a popy polished effort which is pretty dated today, not to mention inferior to the first mix...his self titled second album is a cracker...he has about a dozen cd's kicking around...

he played with floyd on the animals tour.... and then was one of the two lead guitarists on the berlin wall gig...largest ever gig at the time... and pried, he did play with lizzy... although the story is he was way too clean living compared to the rest of the band....hence it didn't last too long...

in his latest tour...where he played in perth amongst other places.... his line up was drummer...bassist...keys and himself on guitars.... no shortage of quality breaks i might add....

but before you get excited pried....he's snowy white...you are pried....

...but then on the other hand...you have to climb on stage with a line up you are comfortable with.... so do it as you think best....

he played with floyd on the animals tour.... and then was one of the two lead guitarists on the berlin wall gig...largest ever gig at the time... and pried' date=' he did play with lizzy... although the story is he was way too clean living compared to the rest of the band....hence it didn't last too long...

but before you get excited pried....he's snowy white...you are pried....[/quote']

1st. Wasnt David Hasselhoff part of that Berlin wall affiar, i think i remember talkin to someone about how Hasselhoffs sue'in Germany for not including him in some museam about it.

2nd. You aint heard me play!

Done well today, well yesterday.

Jam session with Jonathan pwned. Got a shit load of work done.

Guitarist/Bassist/Drummer in the bag now.

Singer time, if your 17-19 and up for some rocking, Pm me.

At this stage in the game, me and Jon are getting to grips with some of the songs. They're sounding good. Drummer comes in at the next session. Any singers are welcome to tag along to see if they like what they see/hear.

www.myspace.com/scarletfixation

This might be this forums only sucessful band forming.

This might be this forums only sucessful band forming.

Plenty of successful bands on here.

1st. Wasnt David Hasselhoff part of that Berlin wall affiar' date=' i think i remember talkin to someone about how Hasselhoffs sue'in Germany for not including him in some museam about it.[/quote']

Hasselhoff singlehandedly brought down the Berlin Wall...when the East Germans heard him play, they tore down the wall in order to be closer to their idol. Ahh...Hasselhoff.