aberdeen-music

Gig in Tunnels wanted.

Elizabeth

If I got a promoter to organise it' date=' but asked them to put on the band, who would pay the hiring fee? The promoter or myself?[/quote']

It's paid on the night, so it just gets paid out of door money. A promoter shouldn't charge you anything at all (and if someone tried to, spread the word that so and so is a scamming cunt) - they should make enough on the door to cover the costs of the gig and for paying you.

Obviously it all depends on the arrangements made.

Your best bet though is simply to get yourself on a lineup there and not worry about the rest of it - then the worst that would happen would be you getting paid nothing.

There's really no need to get a promoter to do the job for you though - promote it yourself :) You'd have to pay the 50 yourself, but people on here would be happy to give you a hand with any questions and so on. If you promote the gig yourself too, you can book the other bands that play - so you don't find yourself on a line up with bands that you might completely hate :)

If you've already got a line up in mind for a potential gig, you'd probably be as well hiring the Tunnels out yourself - promoting the show wouldn't be too hard, and you'd be in control of getting paid, etc, so it could work out better for you financially as well, I'd imagine.

However, if its just a case of your band wanting to play in the Tunnels, as opposed to you wanting to put a gig on, I'd just hand a demo into the Tunnels and see what they can come up with.

It's paid on the night' date=' so it just gets paid out of door money. A promoter shouldn't charge you anything at all (and if someone tried to, spread the word that so and so is a scamming cunt) - they should make enough on the door to cover the costs of the gig and for paying you.

Obviously it all depends on the arrangements made.

Your best bet though is simply to get yourself on a lineup there and not worry about the rest of it - then the worst that would happen would be you getting paid nothing.

There's really no need to get a promoter to do the job for you though - promote it yourself :) You'd have to pay the 50 yourself, but people on here would be happy to give you a hand with any questions and so on. If you promote the gig yourself too, you can book the other bands that play - so you don't find yourself on a line up with bands that you might completely hate :)[/quote']

I don't need paid anything.

But, well, I don't have 50 quid, so, that's why I was wondering.

I don't have a complete line-up ready, just one band that need a gig and..yeah.

Should I put them into contact with a promoter on here?