aberdeen-music

GLC dropped by record label

Free Korps

just in case you missed the amusing news, it maybe shows that being in that big bro house doesnt always mean you're band get more recognition when it's finished.

but of course they'll be one ex-housemate at T in the Park with his band, hope Paul Weller gives him an earful.

Rock veteran PAUL WELLER has added THE ORDINARY BOYS frontman SAMUEL PRESTON to the list of musicians he can't stand, after seeing the young singer appear on a reality TV show.

Preston has reignited the public's interest in his group after starring on British show CELEBRITY BIG BROTHER, much to the chagrin of the former JAM rocker.

Weller says, "I can't believe he did Celebrity Big Brother. I'm really disappointed for him. That show's for losers. I thought he was a lot cooler than that."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/etc

Maybe Maggotz should have tried to shag some fucking bimbo who looks like they've been shot in the face by Homer Simpson's patented make up rifle (the site of chantelle and her pinky red dulux thick gloss all her face put me off my breakfast every fucking morning without fail)......

GLC should have been dropped a long time ago, their first single wasn't even funny, god knows why they released more...

James Blunt makes sappy songs which appeal to a wide audience and sells fuckloads of records. Wasn't difficult to work out.

James blunt makes shit pop songs with a chorus that appeals to thousands of girls/women in teens and 20's. Silly voice, silly songs.

Can't really blame sony - but the GLC still own.

Guest lime ruined my life
James Blunt makes sappy songs which appeal to a wide audience and sells fuckloads of records. Wasn't difficult to work out.

i think the point is that james blunt doesn't NEED money spent on him to sell more records.

you think he'd sell any records without marketing behind him?

look how much marketing the kaiser chiefs album STILL has behind it. and it's still in the top 10, because people are constantly being reminded of it and because it's a very populist record.

GLC were never going to sell many records no matter how much money could've been put behind them.

Guest lime ruined my life
you think he'd sell any records without marketing behind him?

look how much marketing the kaiser chiefs album STILL has behind it. and it's still in the top 10' date=' because people are constantly being reminded of it and because it's a very populist record.

GLC were never going to sell many records no matter how much money could've been put behind them.[/quote']

Please don't accuse me of being stupid.

i think the point being made was that someone who's already established doesn't need so much money put behind them, where as glc, although established, might have benefitted more from that kind of financial backing.

i think the point being made was that someone who's already established doesn't need so much money put behind them' date=' where as glc, although established, might have benefitted more from that kind of financial backing.[/quote']

She didnt.....but I think you might be.....

Thats the whole point, the more you earn the more they can spend on the promotion, the more they spend on videos the more they spend on every fucking thing.

Guest Savant
James blunt makes shit pop songs with a chorus that appeals to thousands of girls/women in teens and 20's. Silly voice' date=' silly songs.[/quote']

Yeah but he gets money and chicks...

i think the point being made was that someone who's already established doesn't need so much money put behind them' date=' where as glc, although established, might have benefitted more from that kind of financial backing.[/quote']

er, i wasn't accusing you of being stupid, so i don't know where that little outburst came from.

someone who's established does need money behind them. they also HAVE more money to put behind them. rupert murdoch's little empire could've spunked away millions on GLC but obviously realised that a band with songs like 'your mother's got a penis' aren't really going to be profitable.