aberdeen-music

Uncle John & Whitelock,hot Club De Paris,hookers Green #1 - Sister, Resist! March 25!

Hi!

Hooker's Green No.1 & Giles Walker are proud to present, to you, the line up for this month's Sister, Resist!

Uncle John and Whitelock

Hot Club De Paris

Hooker's Green No.1

+ DJ Giles Walker + MCs + Resident DJs + Lovely Visuals

Saturday 25th March

@ The Tunnels, Carnegie Brae, 9pm

INFO ON BANDS PLAYING:

UNCLE JOHN AND WHITELOCK

www.gfmproductions.com

"Using just bass, drums, keyboards and a pair of guitars, the music is a blend of bayou creepiness reminiscent of early Dr John and a sombre David Lynch atmosphere. The band's originators, the titular Uncle John and Whitelock - aka vocalist and guitarist Jacob Lovatt and bassist Raydale Dower - arguably lend most of this atmosphere, with Lovatt in particular offering a grizzled vocal which places him with such rough-diamond heroes as Dr John, Tom Waits and Nick Cave."

HOT CLUB DE PARIS

www.myspace.com/hotclubdeparis

www.hotclubdeparis.com

Recently signed to Moshi Moshi (Hot Chip, Architecture in Helsinki, the Rakes, Bloc Party)

HOOKERS GREEN NO.1

www.hookersgreen.com

www.myspace.com/hookersgreenno1

Imagine listening intently on headphones and the signal is constantly interrupted by the ten greatest things you want to hear competing for attention. Will Jenkins @ Artrocker.

So if it's 5am, with the threat of dawn peering through the window and the memories of a wild night giving way to an almost tranquil sense of loneliness, then Hooker's Green No.1 could well be playing your song.

- Chris Ingold

Their hero, Beach Boys demi-god Brian Wilson, would be proud of the legacy hes inspired and no mistake." - New Noise

• 2 weeks later...

NO YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THATS THE SAME NIGHT AS FILTHPACT/BOLZ'N/BROKEN OATH ETC ETC AT EAST NEUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNCLE JOHN AND WHITELOCK ARE FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, I guess I winna be living in a rape fantasy, rape fantasy, rape fantasy......

NO YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

THATS THE SAME NIGHT AS FILTHPACT/BOLZ'N/BROKEN OATH ETC ETC AT EAST NEUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNCLE JOHN AND WHITELOCK ARE FUCKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well' date=' I guess I winna be living in a rape fantasy, rape fantasy, rape fantasy......[/quote']

What time does that show finish? You'd probably be able to see Uncle John and Whitelock, judging by the times of previous Sister, Resists!

Oh my god, this is going to be such a good night,

Really really looking forward to Uncle John and Whitelock, been listening to their album for a while now and its excellent.

Listening to Hot Club De Paris just now and its getting a big thumbs up from me. :up:

And of course the lovely Hookers Green No. 1, Brilliant! :love:

All of the above will make a superb Saturday night for all I would say.

And finally as someone already quoted its the final night of smoking in pubs (boo) :gringo: but I'm sure we'll get used to it, I'm gonna really try and give it up now.

ROLL ON SATURDAY

:music::woohoo::music:

Oh my god' date=' this is going to be such a good night,[/b']

Really really looking forward to Uncle John and Whitelock, been listening to their album for a while now and its excellent.

Listening to Hot Club De Paris just now and its getting a big thumbs up from me. :up:

And of course the lovely Hookers Green No. 1, Brilliant! :love:

All of the above will make a superb Saturday night for all I would say.

And finally as someone already quoted its the final night of smoking in pubs (boo) :gringo: but I'm sure we'll get used to it, I'm gonna really try and give it up now.

ROLL ON SATURDAY

:music::woohoo::music:

Wise words, wise words.

No!

3/4

So close' date=' but no cigar!

Tonight![/quote']

I got the cost from John Beverlys Post 20/03/06:

This Week In The Tunnels. Mon 2oth March - Sun 26th - 20-03-2006 12:25

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mon 20th / Bench [ Lp Launch ] With Special Guests Eye. 8pm 4.00

Tues 21st / Bacchus , Hidden Agenda , + Guests. 8pm 2.00

Wed 22nd / Interesting Music Presents / Things In Herds , Blind Tommy Doo,

Adrian Crowley. 8pm 5

Thurs 23rd / Rfr Presents / Bromheads Jacket , Right Hand Left , Level Four.

7.30pm 5

Fri 24th / The Beat , The Upstarts , Twisted Angels. 8pm 12

Sat 25th / Sister Resist Presents / Uncle John + Whitelock , Hot Club De Paris, Hookers Green No.1 . 8pm 5

Sun 26th / Jo Mango plus , The Usuals ep launch with special guests , The Shakes , The Holy Folks , Running Late ,

Claire Hamilton. 7pm 3