aberdeen-music

Balcony Bar In Dundee to close.

davewarden

Yeah one of the best gig venues in Dundee is closing down.

"The Balcony Bar is under orders to close it's doors on the 8th March 2006. This cannot be allowed to happen and we

urge everyone to e-mail Dundee City Council to save the pub. Please be constructive with your e-mails and do not send

abusive ranting messages. The quicker we act the better chance of a result. Send all of your e-mails to

alex.stephen@dundeecity.gov.uk"

From the Balcony's Website http://www.balconybar.co.uk/

Or read more @ http://www.undergroundscene.co.uk/upload/showthread.php?t=41175

This will be a huge loss to Dundees music community.

Guest Phantomsmasher
No way' date=' I had a terrific night out in there a few months ago...I never realised they were doing doubles for the cost of a single, ended up completely wasted and had a great time scaring people [/quote']

Can hardly see that as a plausible reason for not helping out with the possible closure of a good venue, but maybe i don't get your complex humour.

Anyway, shame to see the place go ... only been in for pints when down in Dundee, but it had some cracking gigs in there by the sounds of it, nice place too. Hopefully the response to this will be a large one so that the council changes their minds

HAHAHA you' date=' scaring people HAHAHA[/quote']

Yeah, I played them some Weeping Jesus songs...fuck me, the whole bar emptied AND three people went out of their way to tell me that it was so bad, it made them scared to leave their house for a month in fear of having to listen to "possibly the worst thing to ever come out of the speakers in that fine establishment".

I also heard that they were using the latest Weeping Jesus tracks to deal with undesirables, seeing as the uncoolest thing ever is to be stood near a speaker playing that rubbish.

No, wait...:laughing:

Can hardly see that as a plausible reason for not helping out with the possible closure of a good venue' date=' but maybe i don't get your complex humour.[/quote']

Who said anything about not helping out? *confused*

I did my bit and fired off an e-mail saying that I had travelled down from Aberdeen to visit the bar in the past (not entirely true, it was the first bar we found that wasn't shit) and that it would be a shame for Dundee to lose such a treasure.

Hopefully they'll win their fight :)

Yeah' date=' I played them some Weeping Jesus songs...fuck me, the whole bar emptied AND three people went out of their way to tell me that it was so bad, it made them scared to leave their house for a month in fear of having to listen to "possibly the worst thing to ever come out of the speakers in that fine establishment".

I also heard that they were using the latest Weeping Jesus tracks to deal with undesirables, seeing as the uncoolest thing ever is to be stood near a speaker playing that rubbish.

[/quote']

quality :popcorn: