aberdeen-music

Champions League - Leg 1

Sam 45

For fuck sake. Ah well 2 away goals for Villa.

I went to see this at Stadia with a rangers supporting friend of mine, it was a pretty decent game, Lovenkrands' goal was impressive too. Villa had one goal disallowed that should have been onside, so I don't know what they were complaining about the 2nd villareal goal for.

Also of note was a bunch of guys who cheered the Villareal goals, pissed a couple of Rangers fans off to no end, and ended up in a few 'lets step outside' moments o_O

Guest five years
I don't understand anyone that boos Rangers in Europe - do they not realise that Scotland as a nation gains from how well they do? If Rangers go a bit further' date=' we might get back that automatic Champions League place...which would be good :)[/quote']

it's the exact same as will happen in the world cup, ALL of scotland will be cheering whoever england is playing.

cunts.

it's pathetic.

it's the exact same as will happen in the world cup' date=' ALL of scotland will be cheering whoever england is playing.

cunts.

it's pathetic.[/quote']

Not at all.

Everyone hates England, not just Scotland.... Wales hates you, France hates you, Ireland hates you..... the list goes on.

Even half your own country hates you.

On an unrelated note... i think the huns are fucked now. At least they'll have raised the co-efficient up a notch or two though.

Guest DustyDeviada

Also of note was a bunch of guys who cheered the Villareal goals' date=' pissed a couple of Rangers fans off to no end, and ended up in a few 'lets step outside' moments o_O[/quote']

Fair doos in my opinion, can you imagine an Aberdeen game being shown in a pub in the West Coast and the Aberdeen goals (if there were any) not being booed?

The so-called Rangers fans were no doubt glory hunters who were born in Aberdeen and have never been near Ibrox in their life anyway.

I don't understand anyone that boos Rangers in Europe - do they not realise that Scotland as a nation gains from how well they do? If Rangers go a bit further' date=' we might get back that automatic Champions League place...which would be good :)[/quote']

Do you not realise that if Rangerrs get further in Europe they would spend the money on foreign shite instead of blooding talented young Scottish players which in a very small way they have to start doing now????!!!!!:swearing:

Guest DustyDeviada
Do you not realise that if Rangerrs get further in Europe they would spend the money on foreign shite instead of blooding talented young Scottish players which in a very small way they have to start doing now????!!!!!:swearing:

Yes, it is a double-edged sword.

I think that the scenario this year is almost perfect, I can be happy for them for raising Scotland's co-efficient and therefore increasing the potential for the Dons to get into Europe in the future, but I can also laugh at their comedy form in the SPL.

A real win-win situation.

Guest neil ex

Nice to hear such chants as 'hello hello' on the box. rangers are more than happy to let their 'fans' sing this shite inside castle greyskull aslong as the 'fans' are giving rangers money. Shame prso won't be playing in the second leg...

Nice one psro

Nice one son

Nice one prso

Lets hae another one!

I only saw the first half, and I was quite enjoying it. Villareal were much better.

Pub I was in switched over at half time to watch Barca. Now I was a bit pissed by now, but Barca were pretty stunning to watch. Really pounded Chelsea after Chelsea got the first goal. Apparently Moronio was winging about Barca's young boy play acting. It's ok when it's one of his own players though..

it's pathetic................
..................that England will start the build up to the World Cup expecting to win it easily "unless they get a bad draw."
..................that the nation will blame Sven if they go out. At any stage. Regardless of how badly they have played
..................that the pundits will feel hard done by at any decision made by the referee. As always.
..................that the commentator will mention "1966" at least five times in the final' date=' regardless of who's playing in it (this has happened in the last two finals.)
..................that England fans have a nothing short of disgraceful behavioural record in cup competions.

Cheering whoever England is playing is not pathetic - it's religion.

Guest five years
..................that England will start the build up to the World Cup expecting to win it easily "unless they get a bad draw."

not me' date=' i expect us to go out in the 2nd round.

..................that the nation will blame Sven if they go out. At any stage. Regardless of how badly they have played

is that not what happened to berti? it was ALL his fault alone scotland didn't do very well in, well...anything ;)

..................that the pundits will feel hard done by at any decision made by the referee. As always.

as always' date=' by any pundit for any nation ever!

..................that the commentator will mention "1966" at least five times in the final, regardless of who's playing in it (this has happened in the last two finals.)

and? something they/we are proud of...you're not seriously telling me that if scotland had won the world cup you wouldn't let england or indeed ANYONE WHO'D LISTEN know about it at any opportunity?!

..................that England fans have a nothing short of disgraceful behavioural record in cup competions.

and?

Cheering whoever England is playing is not pathetic - it's religion.

oh well, i guess wars have been started over less...

Good fun, min! :up:

On a serious note - England are, in my opinion, about the only team that have "2 starting elevens" - there's a potential replacement for anyone. On paper at least, only Brazil have a superior squad.

I suppose I'm trying to say that England have a better chance than most nations.

The excuses would still pour in if they went out - Sven, bad refs etc.

As a nation we are famous for taking everything as it comes and when we inevitably go out of any competion we all just get drunk, think what could have been and wait for the next qualifiers! Berti made us shite,but at the end of the day it was player lethargy (probably caused by Berti) that contributed to the downfall.

Back on topic - My team Inter did well to escape with a draw - Pity the Emporer could not find the back of the net, but it will be oh so different at the San Siro!