aberdeen-music

kef gig on saturday

Guest valley69

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Camie:

I dont like Broken Sunshine but hey Ill easily come and watch them *eye candy*.

Watch it boyo.

Broken Sunshine were really good tonight, but cut short.

Decent considering the i'll state my baby's been in recently.

I looovvveee Point.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

And they didn't disappoint tonight.

Missed the other 2 bands though, but I heard good reactions.

Cuts were brilliant as (now) becoming usual, I felt really, really bad for them when a load of people seemed to fuck off after Broken Sunshine though. They sounded better than at the Lemon Tree as well, which is saying a lot.

The No Pints were..weird. I stated off thinking 'uh, not impressed', but by the end, I was thinking 'hey, i could like this'. They had a certain mad charm about them.

Broken Sunshine can be compared to one band in a nutshell - the Switchblade Kittens. Not a bad thing, and they seemed pretty happy up there, which is a good thing.

Point as a band weren't bad, but weren't groundbreaking, earth shattering either. There's a couple of gems in there though - so if they can continue to evolve, hopefully more gems will come through and make them something that cannot be missed.

Guest Scott 5FD

The No Pints were better than last time i saw them, their getting tighter.

PoO didn't seem up for it really, it was like they were going through the motions abit.

Broken Sunshine were good, i like them. Alex didn't screw up the bass-soloey bit. woo!

The Cuts weren't really my thing, that stupid effect the guy had on guitar just got abit shit. but the singer is hot.

Guest mylegionsscream2
Originally posted by Scott 5FD:

The No Pints were better than last time i saw them, their getting tighter.

cheers man

was it the real mckenzies gig u saw us?

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Um..

No Pints did nothing for me whatsoever, drummer needs to learn more than one drumbeat.

Point were ace, fuck knows why they were on second, still need more balls in both guitar sounds, was impressed by some of the 3-part harmonies.

Never watched Broken Sunshine or The Cuts, thought'd be more entertaining talking to Mr Kris Rennie for the hour or so instead, seen both bands before and didn't enjoy either...

Guest Scott 5FD
Originally posted by mylegionsscream2:

cheers man

was it the real mckenzies gig u saw us?

t'was indeed. you guys were a whole lot more in time at Kef and the guitar sounded alot better. also your singer is obviously more confident now, and this came across in his voice.

Saw the No Pints, wasn't terribly impressed but they weren't awful. The bassists vocals were a bit over powering of the lead vocals and would have been better lower down in the mix. Would be interesting to hear them in a month or so see if they improve.

Point did not disappoint, again. I've only really caught Point since their comeback gig at Drakes and each time i've seen them they've been better and things have been improved and/or added. Last night for example the addition of a third vocalist worked really well, the three way harmonies came off without a hitch and added more to the songs, was very impressed by vocal performances alround. On that note of vocals...

Broken Sunshine: o_O ...that's all i can say. (Edit: Oh, that and the song 'You suck' did entertain me but for purely ironic reasons)

The Cuts i didn't see last night but did catch at the Lemon Tree back on valentines day. The vocalist could sing well, no doubts about that, however the songs were dull, unoriginal, repetitive and had the same effect as a mild sedative.

Originally posted by Cloud:

hairball incident? did i miss something here?

During our last song a bit of loose hair fell out and I accidentally inhaled it, almost choking in the process. Quite how I managed to do that and keep singing I'm not sure, but it wasn't very pleasant.

Originally posted by Camie:

Point should've been on last as they attracted the crowd.

We went on second and that was fine by us. If we didn't have a problem with the running order I don't see why anyone else should.

Originally posted by Dechristianise:

if they were on last then that means all their "friends" would have to see the other bands

"friends"? Why the inverted commas?

I don't really get what point you're trying to make anyway.