aberdeen-music

kef gig on saturday

Guest valley69

Guest valley69

kef gig on saturday 13th

cuts , broken sunshine , the no pints and point of origin .

saturday 13th

Four of aberdeens finest up and coming young bands. Cuts fresh from their lemon tree debut are out to impress with nods to pj harvey, new order, siouxsie and the banshees , smiths and fugazi. Local all girl band Broken sunshine play alongside with their nu punk sound . Also supporting will be the no pints and point of origin.

doors 7pm, drink promos.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what time is this gig running? i may pop along as i'd really like to see the cuts again, POO are usually good value for money and i've not seen the other two bands but i'm off to the lemon tree for the needles gig though i suspect thats a bit later...

Re: kef gig on saturday 13th

Originally posted by valley69:

cuts , broken sunshine , the no pints and point of origin .

saturday 13th

Four of aberdeens finest up and coming young bands. Cuts fresh from their lemon tree debut are out to impress with nods to pj harvey, new order, siouxsie and the banshees , smiths and fugazi. Local all girl band Broken sunshine play alongside with their nu punk sound . Also supporting will be the no pints and point of origin.

doors 7pm, drink promos.

I'm always up when I'm coming... is there any other way? Anyway, I'm looking forward to supporting Cuts on their second gig. Should be good.

Guest stuartmaxwell

Re: Re: kef gig on saturday 13th

Originally posted by Bob:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to supporting Cuts on their second gig. Should be good.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Guest stuartmaxwell

obviously the bloke from point of origin (and me too!) is slightly miffed as to why his band who have been playing for god knows how long are supporting you guys who have played for two minutes

???

I dunno, this looks funny to me full stop..my way of seeing it though is that Aberdeen is crying out for something different, and the ever friendly Cuts seem to have that part sown up. There's been a lot of queer gigs lately though, this just strikes me as being yet another one that hasn't had much thought put into it. Anyway, is headlining really that important in Aberdeen anyway?

What's the actual running order anyway? are point actually supporting cuts, or what? And more importantly, who on earth are 'no pints'?

Originally posted by kirkt:

as regarding amps...we are useless and have none whatsoever

You'd better hope the audience is silent so that they can hear your 'pre-death, post-life... contemporaneous with joy' and very quiet set.

Originally posted by Cloud:

What's the actual running order anyway? are point actually supporting cuts, or what? And more importantly, who on earth are 'no pints'?

I've heard that Cuts want to go on second, and we don't wanna be on first. As for whos headling/supporting, we're playing this gig because of the date it happens to fall on and for our own enjoyment, not for the chance of 'headlining' it and certainly not to 'support' relatively unknown Aberdeen bands.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Broken Sunshine and The No Pints are relatively new bands, as are The Cuts, if Point aren't headlining this gig then it's fucking ridiculous, it's that simple. I saw the first Cuts gig, I thought it was okay for a first gig, but I dont see what any of the fuss was about. Then again, Josephine also played that gig and I thought they were utterly terrible, so what do I know...