aberdeen-music

Sven quitting after world cup

Cloud

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4641682.stm

Finally' date=' he's escaped one too many times, and this pretty much rules out England's chances of winning the world cup. Can't say I feel sorry for him at all either.

Likely successor?[/quote']

Astonishing. A candidate for the Hearts job four months ago is now 3rd best odds to be the next England manager.

And we got Graham Rix.

Finally' date=' he's escaped one too many times, and this pretty much rules out England's chances of winning the world cup. Can't say I feel sorry for him at all either. [/quote']

How does this affect England's chances in the World Cup exactly?

At least now the tabloid press might leave him alone to get on with his job.

The tabloids have treated him like dirt.

If someone was to ask me if i see myself working behind the till in costcutters, in a year, the answer would be 'no'

Why can't Sven talk about his ambitions for the future....?!

Its just piling on the pressure - As much as I want to win the world cup, we won't - the pressure is too much. shit.

I've stuck a bet on England to win the World Cup. My logic as follows:

IF THEY DON'T WIN: Then I'll be down to the tune of twenty quid, but at least they won't have won it.

IF THEY DO WIN: Then I can use the funds to bugger off to the Outer Hebridies for a week and aviod the inevitable week long glory-wank fest!

Guest tv tanned
I've stuck a bet on England to win the World Cup. My logic as follows:

IF THEY DON'T WIN: Then I'll be down to the tune of twenty quid' date=' but at least they won't have won it.

IF THEY DO WIN: Then I can use the funds to bugger off to the Outer Hebridies for a week and aviod the inevitable week long glory-wank fest![/quote']

I had a similar thought.

My logic was simply that my betting on them guarantees that they won't win it...

How does this affect England's chances in the World Cup exactly?

At least now the tabloid press might leave him alone to get on with his job.

Given England's history of bottling it when there's no distractions, what chance do they have of winning now that Sven's made a complete fool out of himself? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the opposing managers start playing mind games with him as well - probably not Sweden, but it wouldn't be surprising if the other two in the group try and rattle his cage a bit.

You have to wonder sometimes if the English media actually want them to win though.