aberdeen-music

some questions about ABERDEEN city

sadam

The highest number of crack addicts in Scotland sound familiar? (oh yeah you probably live in Bieldside or Cults with your mUm and Dad so you wouldn't see any of that) . anyway rant over...i await your witty' date=' beardy, emo reply. :swearing:[/quote']

o_O

wow, you took that a bit personally.

I don't live in bieldside, or cults and never have. I live in a flat near holburn which I work everyday to pay the mortgage on, so you can fuck off with that one thanks.

I'll give you the witty one but unfortunately I shaved off my beard and I'm not emo, so you're wrong with those ones too.

Incidentally the egotistical twat bit was just a joke as you seemed to identify more with the bad guy in the book than the main character, that's all.

Of course Aberdeen isn't the greatest city in the world, the point I was making is that it's also not that bad. The positives in Aberdeen and the surrounding area far outway the negatives.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me ask you something' date=' but I want you to be totally honest with me.

what do people in Scotland think about Poles?[/quote']

They never have their own cigarettes.

They can't read maps and always looking for directions.

in last few years number of Poles in UK has increased severely. many of them went there only to make some cash.

Are they making good impression on local people? or maybe people in Scotland don't have good opinion about them?

please be honest.

There are a significant minority of Poles who don't make a good impression on visitors to Poland. :down:

In the Rynek in Krakw suppoosedly an international city, FFS, they were selling pictures of Adolf Hitler, stolen copies of Torah and Talmud.

An awful lot of skinheads going about not just 'fashion skinheads' they were sporting Skrewdriver, white power and similar T shirts.

Neo-nazi graffiti everywhere.

Skinheads harassing visitors to Auschwitz in Oświcim town centre and on trains leaving Oświcim.

Really bad customer service, particularly with old women from the communist era "Nie ma".

Shocking treatment of Roma and Sinti population, openly, even from Poles representing their country in army uniform. There were no other minority communities apparent.

I was mugged in a bar in Gdańsk while the bar staff and bar manager looked on and laughed.

I'll never go back there. Dreck like those above can stay in Poland.

how about work? Is it there somthing to do for a person who don't know language well? (like me). I'm ending a hotels highschool' date=' and I have some practice at working in hotels.[/quote']

Nah, it's fine - there's work for anyone in this town, regardless of language disposition

Take me for example: I'll pay you 5 pounds to wash my body every week

PM me if you're interested, Sadam.

Dreck like those above can stay in Poland.

trust me' date=' I have the same opinion, and it's one of some reasons why I wanna visit Scotland.

In the Rynek in Kraków suppoosedly an international city, FFS, they were selling pictures of Adolf Hitler, stolen copies of Torah and Talmud.

An awful lot of skinheads going about not just 'fashion skinheads' they were sporting Skrewdriver, white power and similar T shirts.

Neo-nazi graffiti everywhere.

Skinheads harassing visitors to Auschwitz in Oświécim town centre and on trains leaving Oświécim.

Really bad customer service, particularly with old women from the communist era "Nie ma".

Shocking treatment of Roma and Sinti population, openly, even from Poles representing their country in army uniform. There were no other minority communities apparent.

I was mugged in a bar in Gdańsk while the bar staff and bar manager looked on and laughed.

i'm sorry about this story, partly it's true image of Poland, but we have lot of things to show for. I was many times in Cracow, and I have only positive opnion about this place (particularly Rynek - city center). I was worked at costumer service in some restaurations, lot of them was fine quality, with waiters who knows 2 - 3 foreign languages. Mayby you was in poland long ago, much things change for the better.

loads of moaning guff

OK - you got me' date=' I'm taking your bait.

In every country there is an area that is sneered apon. In Germany, for example they have Schwabia, here in Scotland it's Aberdeen. The people of Aberdeen have a high incidence of indiginant descent, mixed with cosmopolitan interbreeding. I myself am a mix of Irish, English, Dutch, German, and God only knows what else. But at least 50% of me is pictish. Whereas elsewhere in Scotland the bloodline stems mainly from Ireland.

Aberdeen was relatively unkown and infrequently visited (except by sailors) until after the second world war. It developed in it's own little microcosm. This pretty much continued right through until the late 1970s. We are only 550 miles from London but it might as well have been 5050 miles.

Our native language is Doric which has been corrupted over time by Latin and other languages. There are even some words of German origin. It is an real bona fida language though, not just a dialect.

Aberdonians are softly but quickly spoken. We seldom moan, complain, or protest. Being aware that we live in a small town, we know to mind our own business. We have our own humour.

People from elsewhere in Scotland are, to all intents and purposes, a foriegn culture. Most outsiders, particularily English speaking ones, talk much louder than we do, coming across as over powering, over bearing, bossy, and domineering. They drown out our own gentle humour. Instinctively we tend to clam up, ignore them, and let them do whatever they want.

Most of them integrated alongside us, decided they liked it here, learned to talk quieter, became less outspoken, started minding their own fucking business, and stayed :) <--- those are compliments BTW.

But a small minority, aided and abetted by our own home grown assholes, walked all over us, imposing their own (virtually self-appointed) politicians. They demolished our beautiful buildings, and shipped our precious granite elsewhere at a profit, rebuilding ugly crap in their place, all for purpose of their own corrupt convenience. They took away our jobs, and got our children hooked on shite... And they are still doing it.

...AND YOU ARE STEREOTYPICAL OF THOSE CUNTS. SO FUCK OFF AND LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU DO ANY MORE DAMAGE. Christmas island would be a suitable destination.

Life is to short to live in Aberdeen for any length of time.

In your case that may be something of a premonition :) If you would like to disuss this further, then you'll find me at The Moorings Bar. I'm the ugly, rough looking fucker with the broken nose, and the lumpy face. No, not very EMO.

o_O

wow' date=' you took that a bit personally.

I don't live in bieldside, or cults and never have. I live in a flat near holburn which I work everyday to pay the mortgage on, so you can fuck off with that one thanks.

.[/quote']

Tut tut Chris...

You're not setting a very good example!

:p

I think the staff need moderating!!! :up:

DarkHorse -> of course what you're saying is true but if you're talking things like that you must add that there are also some good things in Poland. people who haven't visited Poland will never do it if they read only your posts :] Our country isn't heaven on earth and it's not a big secret but if you live here you can find some positive things and if you have some money you can have beautiful holidays here.

people ... Poland isn't so bad ;)

didn't take it personally at all...just a bit of banter;-) don't think that i ever said that i identified with the bad guy either did i? just because i stated my opinion on the 'deen i identify with the bad guy?! never said that it was the worst city in the world either did i? different folks different strokes and all that :-) i have a far better joke for you to...why did the supermodel stare at the orange juice? cause it said concentrate on the carton. hilarious i know...:up:

o_O

wow' date=' you took that a bit personally.

I'll give you the witty one but unfortunately I shaved off my beard and I'm not emo, so you're wrong with those ones too.

Incidentally the egotistical twat bit was just a joke as you seemed to identify more with the bad guy in the book than the main character, that's all.

Of course Aberdeen isn't the greatest city in the world, the point I was making is that it's also not that bad. The positives in Aberdeen and the surrounding area far outway the negatives.[/quote']

In every country there is an area that is sneered apon. In Germany, for example they have Schwabia, here in Scotland it's Aberdeen. The people of Aberdeen have a high incidence of indiginant descent, mixed with cosmopolitan interbreeding. I myself am a mix of Irish, English, Dutch, German, and God only knows what else. But at least 50% of me is pictish. Whereas elsewhere in Scotland the bloodline stems mainly from Ireland.

Aberdeen was relatively unkown and infrequently visited (except by sailors) until after the second world war. It developed in it's own little microcosm. This pretty much continued right through until the late 1970s. We are only 550 miles from London but it might as well have been 5050 miles.

Our native language is Doric which has been corrupted over time by Latin and other languages. There are even some words of German origin. It is an real bona fida language though, not just a dialect.

Aberdonians are softly but quickly spoken. We seldom moan, complain, or protest. Being aware that we live in a small town, we know to mind our own business. We have our own humour.

People from elsewhere in Scotland are, to all intents and purposes, a foriegn culture. Most outsiders, particularily English speaking ones, talk much louder than we do, coming across as over powering, over bearing, bossy, and domineering. They drown out our own gentle humour. Instinctively we tend to clam up, ignore them, and let them do whatever they want.

Most of them integrated alongside us, decided they liked it here, learned to talk quieter, became less outspoken, started minding their own fucking business, and stayed :) <--- those are compliments BTW.

But a small minority, aided and abetted by our own home grown assholes, walked all over us, imposing their own (virtually self-appointed) politicians. They demolished our beautiful buildings, and shipped our precious granite elsewhere at a profit, rebuilding ugly crap in their place, all for purpose of their own corrupt convenience. They took away our jobs, and got our children hooked on shite... And they are still doing it.

...AND YOU ARE STEREOTYPICAL OF THOSE CUNTS. SO FUCK OFF AND LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU DO ANY MORE DAMAGE. Christmas island would be a suitable destination.

[/quote']

log0su.jpg

Sorry Chris, but in my humble opinion Aberdeen has and always will be a jumped up little town. Certainly it's populace generally has the mentality and attitude of a town - insular, intolerant and lacking in any kind of ambition. For the so-called Oil Captial of Europe this city is just a shambles.

If I was coming from a foreign land to live and work in a city then I certainly wouldn't choose Aberdeen if I had the whole of Scotland to choose from. There are many places in Scotland and certainly the UK as a whole that have much, much more to offer.

I think the fact that Aberdeen's population is projected to fall by 24% in the next 14 years (by far the biggest decrease of any Scottish city - Source: Scottish Executive) tells it's own story...

Well' date=' whatever happens, you'll still find Sauerkraut of the Polish variety on the shelves of our supermarkets. Sauerkraut's fine when cooked well. M'on the Poles![/quote']

Nice in a Bigos.

And if you need Polish Wodkas, or Sliwowitzes I have in various Polmos, Nisskosher and premium brands from time to time. Gotta have a wodka with a bigos

haha. Aye well once i've finished my degree in scatology i'm hooked up with a job in Uranus...USA.

SO FUCK OFF AND LIVE SOMEWHERE ELSE BEFORE YOU DO ANY MORE DAMAGE. Christmas island would be a suitable destination.

I'm the ugly, rough looking pirate fucker with the broken nose, and the lumpy face. No, not very EMO.[/quote']

What Hoggle from the Labryinth? :up: