aberdeen-music

Arctic Monkeys' "Secret for Success" revealed

Guest pop-notmyface

Guest pop-notmyface

it's so obvious it's painfull really....

<read on>

they have the biggest bloomin' promo poster my eyes have ever set upon!

and here is the least used emoticon, fact. :kiss:

I mean that they're the most unoriginal band I've ever heard. There's nothing they do that hasn't already been done to death by XTC' date=' The Jam, The Teardrop Explodes, The Libertines, Razorlight, Special Needs, Thee Unstrung, The Others, etc etc. Their fans seem to think they're the second coming of Christ, but once you actually talk to the average Arctic Monkeys fan, you'll find their knowledge and interest in looking elsewhere is severely limited (and no, I'm not lumping you in with them, but this is my experience).

They're nothing special. Just another band in a long line that are going to fade away once the papers have got bored with them.[/quote']

Ok, thanks for explaining.

I get your point, it just sounded as if you meant that all Arctic Monkeys fans have no musical knowledge of that genre.

Guest pop-notmyface
Ok' date=' thanks for explaining.

I get your point, it just sounded as if you meant that all Arctic Monkeys fans have no musical knowledge of that genre.[/quote']

that would be obvious pigeon holing. but their last single is pretty good. something that isnt as said before utterly exciting. but in times where mainstream radio has an attention span of the average agrophobic nosebleed song, this is quite entertaining.

but really, that A1 in the 1up window is somewhat of an attention grabber. but it should be a bit more fluorescent maybe, or with neon lights round it or something.

Guest Mr Blastcap
i'lll el y8 why the sharktic monkeys are so shit' date=' i'll tel you. becuase they stole a rirfff from the libnertines[/quote']

a brilliant impression of an artic monkeys devotee, superb. have a badge.

I mean that they're the most unoriginal band I've ever heard. There's nothing they do that hasn't already been done to death by XTC' date=' The Jam, The Teardrop Explodes, The Libertines, Razorlight, Special Needs, Thee Unstrung, The Others, etc etc. Their fans seem to think they're the second coming of Christ, but once you actually talk to the average Arctic Monkeys fan, you'll find their knowledge and interest in looking elsewhere is severely limited (and no, I'm not lumping you in with them, but this is my experience).

They're nothing special. Just another band in a long line that are going to fade away once the papers have got bored with them.[/quote']

Lyrically they are the second coming of Jarvis Cocker and that at least is not a bad thing. Musically and aesthetically uninspiring though. And although the lyrics are decent I'm too middle class to really relate them.

Lyrically they are the second coming of Jarvis Cocker and that at least is not a bad thing. Musically and aesthetically uninspiring though. And although the lyrics are decent I'm too middle class to really relate them.

And I've got too shit a connection to download their songs, apparently. Infact, most of their fans must be middle-class to do this. How working-class is it to have Broadband?

Still, they're a GOOD THING. Just not for people who think that the backing-track to a song is the be-all-and-end-all

ive always thought it strange that Artic Monkeys seem so unashamedly middle class. See the lyrics to A Certain Romance - basically an attack on working class/chav culture.

alex turner does seem to be a good lyricist though, but theres something about the way he sings them that annoys me a bit.