aberdeen-music

Jeniferever + Genevieve 6th Feb @Tunnels

Alkaline

think he meant 5/6???

regardless' date=' 5/6 is a bargain for somebody like jeniferever who actually give aberdeen a chance and are signed to drowned in sound /big scary monsters records.

gutted i missed them, but ill prob nip to glasgow at the end of the month to see em. missed em on the last tour too :([/quote']

cool ill have to check them out, any bands on tonite?

Guest bluesxman

The noise levels dropped to a much more agreeable level for Genevieve and Jenniferever. Volume for colon openbracket was ridiculous, I had to go out and sit by the toilets. No idea what the sound was like for Dedalus.

it was VERY loud for the tunnels, but i have heard much louder in cafe drummonds on most occasions.

:( really impressed me and were great live (and holy shit adam hits thoose drums like a mofo)

deadauls(sp?) were good...genieveive(sp?) were great, but i wasn't too impressed with the lil bit of jeniferever that i saw, each to their own i suppose,

agreed G' date=' especially on the treble side of things![/quote']

Strangely the top end didnt bother me (probably because of hearing damage from years back stage with Pallas and others)

The bottom end and drum volume for the first two bands was insane, Genevieve seemed a little better although I only really caught the second half of their set due to being at their feet taking pictures for the first half.

I only stayed for the first couple of tunes by Jeniferever but lost interest quite quickly and did a shoot.....

I feel that the volume spoiled : ('s first live show, I could only make anything out with my fingers firmly imbedded in my ears, not the ideal way to listen to a band, their drummer lost the place a few times but gathered it up quite nicely on each occasion.

G...

I feel that the volume spoiled : ('s first live show' date=' I could only make anything out with my fingers firmly imbedded in my ears, G...[/quote']

:laughing: hahaha! Same here. I had my fingers in my ears for about 80% of their set - which I hate doing, because most people around you assume you are being rude, rather than a) trying to hear the music better, and b) trying to avoid having ears like Pete Townshend by the age of 25!

Also, like a few others have mentioned - I did notice the sound had chilled for Genevieve which made them somewhat more enjoyable.