aberdeen-music

Lunar song for download

Rasputin

Guys

This is a song Lunar roughly recorded a while ago on a 4 track. Its called the great escape, bear in mind its not the finished article but it will give you all a good appreciation of there style.

You can either hear it on there pure volume site or download it from rapid share.

http://www.purevolume.com/lunaruk

http://rapidshare.de/files/9866820/Escape.mp3.html

Have a listen and see what you think.

extensive reportoire of what? more tunes that sound the same, that sound the same as everything else that sounds the same, with lyrics that are as banal and insipid as every other band doing the same tired nonsense.

Yeah fair enough "It's my opinion". Yeah it does depend on "what you're into". So yes, this is good if you are into meaningless trite nonsense, so it's good news mate, you should have a big audience here.

Ok ...thanks for the rant. I am not saying your opinion is wrong...

but personally I wouldnt judge a band on the strength of one song. You think its boring fair enough.

It's not a rant, and personally I think in this situation it's safe enough to judge this band on the basis of this one song - and my judgement is that its banal pointless shit that means fuck all to anyone. It's the same as all the other crap being done by all the other crap bands in aberdeen made up of uninspired, uncreative, context un-aware dicks who have no serious intentions atall beyond acting out their childhood fantasies.

Whatever man...you have said your piece....I am not getting into a debate about what you think is constructive....

I am not even in this band...I tihnk they are good so i thought I would share my opinion about them on here...if you dont like them cool. I take it I wont be seeing you at there gigs then.

Whatever man...you have said your piece....I am not getting into a debate about what you think is constructive....

I am not even in this band...I tink they are good so i thought I would share my opinion about them on here...if you dont like them i dont really care. I find your musical taste questionable if that little sample you have posted on here is anything to go by.

But hey....thats just my opinion.....

whutever you say!

It's not a rant' date=' and personally I think in this situation it's safe enough to judge this band on the basis of this one song - and my judgement is that its banal pointless shit that means fuck all to anyone. It's the same as all the other crap being done by all the other crap bands in aberdeen made up of uninspired, uncreative, context un-aware dicks who have no serious intentions atall beyond acting out their childhood fantasies.[/quote']

If you judged most bands on 'one song' most of the bands today would not have had any success. Your judgement of the music scene, any music scene (probably ever) seems really 'uninspired.' To me, you appear a failed musician/music critic/etc etc acting out 'childhood fantasies' where your 'banal' opinions were actually listened to. It is fair enough that you are making your own opinion on what you like and dislike, but calling a group 'dicks' and saying that they are context unaware (do you actually understand what the word 'context' means anyway?) is just a completely ignorant comment.

If you judged most bands on 'one song' most of the bands today would not have had any success. Your judgement of the music scene' date=' any music scene (probably ever) seems really 'uninspired.' To me, you appear a failed musician/music critic/etc etc acting out 'childhood fantasies' where your 'banal' opinions were actually listened to. It is fair enough that you are making your own opinion on what you like and dislike, but calling a group 'dicks' and saying that they are context unaware (do you actually understand what the word 'context' means anyway?) is just a completely ignorant comment.[/quote']

Right well, you are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine, so you shouldn't take offence just because I happen to think your band is just doing the same old shit so many other bands in aberdeen are doing. It's all worthless, you and all the other clones, it means nothing. I'm sick and tired of this kind of rubbish. Thats my opinion, and that's how I feel I about most bands in aberdeen, so don't take it personally.

Thats the point

I wouldn't have taken offence if you had just said you didn't like them. Instead you felt like you had to go on some kind of crusade, calling them dicks when you don't even know the guys in the band or their personalities. People post these music clips on this site to share their experiences of the local music scene with others who may enjoy it.

If you make sweeping statements about the Aberdeen music scene, you should know a little bit more about it and respect people who take a lot of time and effort to write their material and perform for other people. Some people have commented at the band's gigs that their style (musically and in terms of performance) resemble such bands as Radiohead. They have also been recognised by a panel of music industry professionals who thought that they had something. I will take there opinion over yours any day.

If you make sweeping statements about the Aberdeen music scene' date=' you should know a little bit more about it and respect people who take a lot of time and effort to write their material and perform for other people. Some people have commented at the band's gigs that their style (musically and in terms of performance) resemble such bands as Radiohead. They have also been recognised by a panel of music industry professionals who thought that they had something. I will take there opinion over yours any day.[/quote']

Well if that helps you sleep at night so be it, maybe you guys should go on the X factor. If you are gonna post your your material up on this site for scrutiny maybe you should be aware that not everyone here has the musical taste of a 16 year old, so in future, try not not to spit yer dummy just because someone voices an opinion that doesn't meet your expectations.

Yeah right Whatever ....

I really cant be bothered with this conversation anymore and for the second time.... I am not in this band! I just like them and thought I would share my opinion of them on here.

I dont think you know what the term 'constructive' feedback means. In fact, to be honest, with your rants and triads on this thread I think it is more likely that it is you which is the 16 year old.

Well if that helps you sleep at night so be it' date=' maybe you guys should go on the X factor. If you are gonna post your your material up on this site for scrutiny maybe you should be aware that not everyone here has the musical taste of a 16 year old, so in future, try not not to spit yer dummy just because someone voices an opinion that doesn't meet your expectations.[/quote']

to be fair i think he had every right to have a go at you for this one stripey. he took your first post on the chin and you couldn't handle it so you had to keep reposting your aggressive critiscm until rasputin here took your bait. it's childish and pathetic. you said your piece and he accepted that then you had to go and offend them for the sake of getting into an argument.

we get that you don't like mainstream guitar music stripey but there's no need to coninually try and fight everyone who does. can't you be content that you're doing something different from the masses(though not too different of course)?

btw rasputin's not in lunar, he's just trying to promote his friends band.

Enough arguing folks. Stripey, you've said your piece. You don't like it, fair enough. However it's fairly obvious you were trying to get into yet another argument identical to the ones you always have on here. If you don't like this kind of stuff then ignore it, you can't change it by getting into childish arguments and insulting people.

Please leave this thread for others to give feedback.

to be fair i think he had every right to have a go at you for this one stripey. he took your first post on the chin and you couldn't handle it so you had to keep reposting your aggressive critiscm until rasputin here took your bait. it's childish and pathetic. you said your piece and he accepted that then you had to go and offend them for the sake of getting into an argument.

we get that you don't like mainstream guitar music stripey but there's no need to coninually try and fight everyone who does. can't you be content that you're doing something different from the masses(though not too different of course)?

btw rasputin's not in lunar' date=' he's just trying to promote his friends band.[/quote']

Baiting has nothing to do with it, neither does arguing for the sake of it. It's my honest opinion, so why shouldn't it be open for discussion?